Funny Wrecks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there realy isnt any humor in any kind of wreck, but I dont think I'm the only one who has done this. Wreck, Getup, and laugh about it saying to yourself, I can't beleive I just done that! So lets hear about your funny wrecks when you did the same. Of course getting up uninjured is the main thing.

I think I just had my funniest one about 1 hour ago. I was going down a gravel road about 30-35 mph. I wasnt paying attention. I was looking off to my right for a dirt road that I new I was getting close to. All of a sudden my quad starts sliding a little to the left. I dont know what I hit to make it start sliding, but anyway I saw that I was sliding toward a big ditch on my left. I hit the brakes and geared down, but stupid me I hit the brakes to hard and it made me silde even worse. I got back on the gas at the last possible moment to try to pull out of the slide,but all that done was pick my speed up I think. I landed on the far bank of the ditch and got thrown off my quad. When I got up I knew I was in trouble. STICKERS!!! hee hee. Any way I had alot harder time getting out than what I did going in. Although I was covered in stickers they are what saved me from getting hurt I think (cushion). The ditch was about 4ft deep and the bottom was just big enough for my quad to set in. The stickers were on the bottom and both sides and were about 1 1/2 ft. deep. Well this was funny to me after I got out. Now I cant wait to see what the guys at work say when the see my arms all scracted up, I cant lie about it.

Old 09-18-2001, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

lol that is a pretty funny story.

Old 09-18-2001, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Does something have to break to be called a "wreck?" You didn't mention if there was any damage to your C-dale.

I am sure most people have done this, but as a concientious father trying to teach my kids to safely use their ATV, it was a little rediculous of me to be attempting a cookie in front of them.

On my new Cat I was doing a cookie in slightly damp (and therefore grippy) soil when, of course, it started to roll on my. Figuring it's 650+ pounds had the advantage I quickly scrambled off and rolled away. Looking back, I saw my new "ride" wheels to the sky!! Laughing, I got up and flipped it over (no damage - whew!)

After starting it back up I drove back to where my kids, their cousins, and my brother watched the whole thing. "You see that?" I asked them..."Don't do that!!"

Later I asked my eldest what I was doing wrong, thinking I could use it as an educational lesson. His response...

"You were being stupid."

Old 09-18-2001, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

i was just wondering how the ditch or whatever you landed in was filled with stickers? also its not a good idea to hit the brakes when your slidin...anyways i'm glad your not hurt.

Old 09-19-2001, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

My C-Dale is o.k. The landing was pretty soft because of the sticker bushes,but at the same time heck if you know what I mean. There wasnt any water in the ditch. It was all just stickers and vines. There was a few small trees (like 3-4" diameter) back down and ahead of where I landed. Now that could have been ugly! Anyway the stickers and vines were so thick I couldnt get enough traction to climb out. After about 8 tries I just layed on the gas and kind of jumped out. I had about a 4" ball of vines wraped around the right side of my axle, that took about five minutes to unwind. Afterwards I remembered why I dont like to ride around my house or in trails and only on a track. OH! and what about when you do something like this and jump up real quick and look around to see if anyone saw you HA!