Dirt Week 2002; Who's going/gone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002 | 12:22 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Anyone going to this? Has anyone been to an event put on by the promoters?

I have heard good things and bad things about the event, though it looks like it's the 1st annual Dirt Week, so maybe the comments I've heard are directed more at the promoters (Sports in the Rough).

I have a few questions for anyone that cares to answer:

-Will my daughter and I be able to ride two-up at the event?

-Is the event as good as it sounds?

Thanks for any info on this, I appreciate it.

Looch

Old 02-26-2002 | 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

It should be a blast. It sounds like they have everything!! Pretty sad a place from the state of west virginia wont host something like that huh. But anyway, no your daughter wont be able to double with you. Only single, and a helmet. Hope this helps

Old 02-27-2002 | 10:11 AM
Range Rover

deleted by uniformed owner

Old 03-11-2002 | 02:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I worked with Bob on the Trail Fest at the Hatfield-McCoy Trails. He paid everyone in WV.

Old 03-12-2002 | 12:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 03-12-2002 | 12:13 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Well, it looks like we have the source right here on ATVconnection to ask our question to; Bob, good form for posting a message to help clear things up!! I, and I suppose others, think that in and of itself speaks volumes on your business practices.

I am a little concerned about bringing my daughter to the event for a few reasons, one of which happened to be a few comments from a riding buddy on how the event has been organized in the past. Since I don't place too much stock in what the guy says, I asked on the board what others thought of the event last year, etc.

In my opinion, you should not get too peeved over Kevin Staton's post, since he clearly stated that the opinions on your business were unsubstantiated and his opinion.

So, perhaps you can clear the air a bit by explaining why a few people have heard some bad things about your events? I understand that you can't please everyone and there will always be those that have sour grapes, but has there maybe been some occurences in the past, that may have since been resolved, that tarnished Sports in the Rough's reputation? (perhaps a bad manager that is now gone or something like that?)

Thanks for responding,

Looch

Old 03-12-2002 | 05:09 PM
Range Rover

I appologize to Mr. Bob Hazel.

I was repeating third hand hearsay stories with no foundation or proof. I should know better. I have never met the man and should not have commented on something that I didn't know for fact.

I have heard that Hatfield McCoy is a great trail system and it sounds like Bob has a great event planned.

Please disregard my previous post as the utterings of the uninformed.