I got arrested today!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 12:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a few run-ins with police officers while riding on the road/ditch. Althought I have never recieved a ticket, I know some people who have for same thing and by the same cops as me. Which leads me tobelieve that respect and honesty will go a long way in how policemen will handle a situation. My friend told me that he was being a smarta$$ to the cop. But whenever I get pulled over, i try my best to be respectful. You never know how much using words like "sir" can help you. Its worked for me so far.

And if you are curious-I am 15, and I dont wear any kind of riding gear or a helmet.(For the type of riding I do, they would be more of a handicap(sp)than a help).

Old 03-12-2002, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

all i can say is i don`t hate cops as much as i hate judges (like the one that gave me a $73 fine, 24 hours community service and driving school)and with some cops the word sir does not help much. I have not had a cop help me much yet.

Old 03-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

I just wish they wouldnt pull their gun out so much, especially to kids.

Old 03-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

using the word "sir" does not work. You are only feeding the high they're getting on their power trip.

They should be calling you sir. I don't no where the need to cut cops slack that are having a bad day originated...but thats a bad idea. If they just chased down a burgler or shot some car thief i certainly don't want them pulling me over. send them home to deal with the stress accordingly...cool down period.

Hey im in sales...the lowest form of human species. No-one cuts me slack when if i act like an a-hole or take my problems out on a client. No one cuts you slack at your job either. If they can't handle the stress. Maybe they shouldn't be in law enforcement? it's a job. Not a call to arms and there sure isn't a lack of people applying to SERVE. we should not lower the standard to which we hold armed individuals enforcing our laws because we appreciate the job that they do.They chose to apply for the job.

Have you ever seen two law enforcement agencies try a work together...it's ugly. They don't trust each other and have formulated their own opinions about the other. Have you ever heard of Internal affairs. thats the only thing that keeps alot of these guys in order. They're scared S-less when they come knocking. why? "There's nothing to be nervous about if your not doing anything wrong" right?

By the way...i'm going to guess and say alot of the folks saying..."i've never had trouble with cops, they don't treat me bad if i just remain respectful"...Are white. And there appearance meets the social "norm" (whatever that means).

you don't have to do anything wrong. Just meet a profile and thats good enough to turn on the blues and turn your life upside down.

Biggest mistake we made was putting them all in cruisers. Cops walking the beat is the best thing. Everyone knows their local officers and repect is earned on both sides on a daily bases. The local Flat foot knew every kid on his beat. Those days are gone. now, you better move slowly and keep those hands where i can see them.

i'm Done.

Old 03-12-2002, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Pretty soon the local Flat Foot may be patrolling on a quad.

Old 03-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

I disagree with you.. I used to have this Pig follow me home almost every night.. me and my buddy's used to play cards every night till around 4 or am.. This is right after High School.. He would sit in the apartments at the end of my street. When he saw me drive by, he would follow me, wait till I pulled in my driveway, then Flip on his lights and follow me in. This happened for about 3 weeks.. Then we filed a complaint against him. This made things worse... Then one night there was about 2 feet of snow on the ground, and more falling. My buddy Drove an Old 85 Cutlas. He was a delivery Guy for a local Pizza Place. He had a Spotlight in his back seat. The cop followed us, then walked up to the car.. He saw the Spotlight and called for backup. Now there are 3 Cars in my driveway with their lights on. All my neighbors are pissed. And my dad comes out pissed.. He asked what the deal was.. The cop informed him that we had a spotlight, and asked what my Friend did for a living? My father told him. He then asked to search the car. My friend had no objection. He searched the car, found nothing. THen tried to give him a Soberiety test. When asked why, we were told he was swerving.. Well A rear wheel drive car in 2 feet of snow isn't going to go very straight... So My neighbors came out by now wondering what was going on. My father finally said to the Cop, Get off my property. Enough is enough.. Well needless to say... 3 days later we were in court.. That cop never even looked at me when I drove past him... And he never bothered me ever again.. So it does take a little Smart *** mentality every once in a while..

Now I have about 5 CLOSE FRIENDS THAT ARE COPS.. THey are cool people.. But give em a few beers, and they will tell you everything they have done to mess with normal people!!
When given the power, everyone will eventully abuse it. That is a fact of life!

Old 03-12-2002, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

way to go dink! at least a few times a month while i'm working outside on a quad or something there will be a police car sitting out in my drive way with a police buddy of mine sitting with me talking about whatever. these are the same guys i went to school with. the same ones that were just busted a few months ago for stealing some poor guys corn to lay out to hunt deer.(if you don't believe it the name of our newspaper is the daily sentinal star. look i up on the web) about six cops. 2 quit all were suspended and put on probation. this whole police thing is not some "appointed by god" job. you can always join the police dept. you will get hired. a friend of mine on the squad actually stopped one day while my friend and i were trying to piggy back two quads on an 8 ft trailer and helped. we asked would anyone say anything about the set up, he said no just be careful on the interstate. he said he would go with us the next day. so the next day we all went. he has a 350x. just for the record, he wasn't one of the thieves. just three months earlier he was working at the employeement office. all i'm saying is anyone is always welcome at my home, just show respect. i do the same when i'm on the street. i haven't had a ticket in over 10 years.

Old 03-12-2002, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

<< Hey im in sales...the lowest form of human species. No-one cuts me slack when if i act like an a-hole or take my problems out on a client. No one cuts you slack at your job either. If
they can't handle the stress. Maybe they shouldn't be in law enforcement?
>>

i hate to comment on this obvious misguided comment. but when you at work, in &quot; sales &quot; , whats the worst stress problem you have? someone not happy with there shirt size? someone not satisfied because you wont give them a refund? big deal, these people have guns pulled on them , have to deal with actual dangerous people. did that thought ever cross your mind? i fully agree with you in one aspect, if these people cannot handle the stress then these people shouldnt be cops. BUT , i dont know where you are from, nor do i care, but in my town there arent exactly a billion people just jumping at the job of law enforcement, so what do we wind up with? agencies take all the job applicants because they are already in shortage. also, another idea, in our town, i know this for a fact, you can be sworn in and become a lawful police officer up to 1 year before attending the police academy! these people that are becoming officers are most likely just as ignorant of the law as many other common people.

Old 03-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

&quot;&quot;&quot;By the way...i'm going to guess and say alot of the folks saying...&quot;i've never had trouble with cops, they don't treat me bad if i just remain respectful&quot;...Are white.&quot;&quot;&quot;&quot;

oh boy well i know of a black cop that is a a$$hole not because he is black but because he is an idiot. there are just as many black officers as white officers so dont cry racism here.

also like the guy said above if a officer is having a bad day go home,i dont want him around me or my family with a gun on his side. like people said &quot;&quot;there only human&quot;&quot; so the chances of him pulling that gun on a bad day are far worse!

Old 03-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Wow. you guys really set me straight. sorry everyone. I quess I was wrong. Must be me...

Quick Reply: I got arrested today!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!