I got arrested today!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

garyc660R,

I worked at a RadioShack as a salesman for 5 1/2 years, and now i am a technical support representative for a state-wide ISP in Mississippi. I deal with the public every day and have done so for the past 7 years. have a nice day!

Old 03-14-2002, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider

iv only had cop prob's 3 times one was at "the dune's" at the end of my street it had something to do with the city waterwork's there were 3 pit's of nasty grey stuff and a bunch of hills little ones made from it. we had no idea what it was but we all rode in it anyways LOL.this was when i was 14 a cop came back there and asked me what i was doing back here. so i was just like ridein around he was like where do u live i said just down the street and he just said go home,so i did number 2 i was rideing on the wall of a man made resavor and got snagged by fish&game he didn't care that i was out rideing my quad on city land he just wanted me off the resavor wall noo prob gave him a fake name and addy when he requested too hehehe,the 3rd was on a really nice day after a nasty 2 week 20 degree cold spell where i live now out in the free country where quad and bike rider's use the road without a problem daily so you know offroader's in the area used it like there peronal highway.anyways i was sittin out on my quad at a frineds place just talkin and this cop roll's in and asked if id been rideing on the road.so i said yea i have and asked how to make a street legal quad while he was there he said it was pretty costly one of his frined's was trying to do it and the ohio dmv want's you to turn it into a corvette because you can get plate's basicly and took off he didn't say one word about not rideing on the road agein at all hehe i think he was in shock that a member of the offroad sence was treating him with respect and being honest lol

Old 03-14-2002, 08:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry to pass judgement Razormazer.....I admire anyone that deals with the public (I sure could'nt).

Old 03-16-2002, 01:43 AM
Trailblazer

I was just reading this and got a little chuckle out of it..

There is only one time that comes to mind of law enforcement involvement on an ORV. I was 16 or 17. Riding at a place here where they have snowmobile flat track races. Well, it was The middle of july, I decided to drive to the place (on the quad of course, VERY small town, never had problem before.) Its about a mile one way to the place.

I was on the track, whizzing around at about 70, I look up and theres a County Police officer sitting there with his radar gun out on me. He gets back in the car and flips the lights on. I know I could've ran, riding off into the trails, WHY though? VERY rude and stupid to run from the police. I went up there to him, took off my helmet, and put my hands out in front of me. He asks what I was doing, I just tell him I was wasting the summer day away. He asks if I knew I wasnt supposed to be there, I told him I knew that I wasn't, nad it wasn't the first time I've been there. He asked me how I got there, I told him I drove on the shoulder of the road, to the track. He tells me he could give me multiple tickets.

I live on one of the more main roads in my small community. He said "Im going to warn you, and not write you a payable fine, But I am going to ask you how you are getting your bike home"

Well, about a mile later, tons of embarasment, I pushed my quad into my driveway and started it up, and rode up the driveway. Every 2 or 3 minutes the officer would drive by and wave, Then sit up the road a little ways clocking cars. I thought as the mile I pushed my quad home, What a jack@ss. Looking back on it, I think, What a reasonable officer. He could've written me multiple tickets with quite large fines, What does he do? Embarasses the crap outta me. I haven't ridden on the road to this area since. I learned my lesson, I've found if you are polite and honest, an officer is going to be much more reasonable with you.

That's all for now.

Old 03-16-2002, 04:33 AM
Pro Rider

i promised myself i was through with this topic. but just last night while i was getting fuel after work(i work out of town)this cop stopped me while i was walking out the door. he asked all about the performance of my car and could he look at it blah, blah. i said sure. he talked almost 20 minutes. standing there i felt like the biggest hipocrite on earth when his buddy started writing this guy a ticket for parking in a handicapped zone. it's 12:15 at night. very few people are there. i know, wrong is wrong no matter what time it is. but this "criminal" was very polite and apologetic long before the cop broke out the paper work. the guys sister worked there and he popped in to tell her something real quick before he went home. i swear he wasn't in there 15 seconds. that was all they needed. i had never even noticed the zone before because the paint is so light. the cop i was talking to was a sherrif deputy and the other was city. could have been the difference.

Old 03-16-2002, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

i have only had one bad run-in w/ a cop while riding my 4-wheeler.
i was crossing a road, after going through some mud, and my throttle stuck, and it was icy, so i let off the throttle, not knowing it was stuck, and theni found out it was, so i tried turning away from the ditch, and started doing donuts at 3/4 throttle on my priarie. finally, i managed to shut the key off, only to see a cop coming down the road towards me w/ his lights on. he pulled over, and i asked what was wrong. he said that i was doing donuts by a public highway, i tried telling him what happened, but he didnt listen. and when he asked to see my id, i reached in my pocket, (he thought it would be in glove box) and he yelled FREEZE!! but then i told him what i was doing, and he finally let me pull it out. But he didnt belive my story, so i got a $275 fine!!!

Old 03-17-2002, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

Easy boy, you have to remember, cops have to deal with trash all day, that is there job so often they become quick to react as a emotional responce to the stress caused by repeated contact with them. Now I am not saying you are a bad kid, just realize that cop are only trying to do their jobs, and anyone being a smart **** to the should be caned for 24 hours, if you are so much of a child that you have to criticise a cop for protecing you from yourself than maby the lable on the tank of your quad that states "must be 16 to opperate" should be changed to a I.Q. rating. And no I am not a cop, I am the head bouncer of omaha's #1 singles bar and I am a **** hol when I am working because I need to be to maintain control of 300 drunk middle-aged children, and trustees of modern chemestry, from hurting staff(my girl works with me) the bar, or themselves.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]