How do you get scratches out of plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point. I have come to the conclusion that I'll always have scratches in the plastic. The best thing to do is keep riding. When you decide you want a nice quad park it in the garage and replace the plastic. I'm sure I have a few more rollovers in my future too. I hope not that really hurts!!!! HaHa. I don't think you can really get rid of all the scratches just minimize them. Riding Quads is soooooo relaxing. I forget about all my troubles!

Old 04-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are right. I ordered some of the Plastic Renew, and before it even got in, I had ridden my 650 and got more scratches in the plastic. These are much deeper than the ones that I put in it while removing the stickers. I didn’t hit any limbs or anything like that, they must have just come from the gravel my 650 kicks up. I guess given the nature of the riding these things are made for, they will never look brand new. I suppose the answer is to just ride it and have as much fun as possible, and except that it is going to get scratched up and not worry about it. You guys are right; the only way to keep them from getting scratched and dinged up is to park them in the garage. These things are off road machines, and battle scars are just part of the game I guess.

Old 04-05-2002, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Nicely put Area51!! I like the battle scars comment. Only problem everytime my machine gets a battle scar I seem to get 2 or 3 also. It only hurts if the bone shows or I have to take you to the hospital at 3:30AM Right GUARDOG!!!! How do you like the 650? Do you think it would work as well in the woods of Pennsylvania as it does in the DUNES??? Just asking because our buddy is thinking about getting it.

Old 04-05-2002, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks HondaMarshal2, I here you about the bones showing, ouch!! I have never ridden in woods like your talking about, but I do manage to find some tight spots up on these rocky cliffs around Vegas. The 650 handles really good and carves a nice turn, but it isn't the sharpest turning quad, meaning turning the smallest circle, but hay, that is what reverse is for [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have been extremely impressed with the 650, and I can't imagine that it wouldn't work for you guy's up in Pennsylvania. The thing will go anywhere you have the ***** to go, and allot of places that you don't [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And on top of that, it is flat out fast. It gets side ways, throws roost and accelerates with the best of them! I took all the racks off of mine, as I bought it for sport, not utility. It lightens it up by 21 lbs, lowers the center of gravity even more, and plus it looks cool. Much sportier with out the racks on it screaming, "I a farm machine" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm sure you guys would really like it.

Old 04-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't lose track here with the scratches. It's an ATV! You run the woods, the hills!
Mud, scratches are worn with pride!

Old 04-12-2002, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

agree ..w/pride thing ..I've rebuilt my entire quad this year again .Cept I will run old white scratched ,scarred plastic primarily ...maybe my new red a few times ..

Old 04-15-2002, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I recently got a 650 prairie and i love it, i do almost all my rideing in maine because good old rhode island where i live decided it wants to be a quad free zone.. all that means is be faster than the law or face the consequence, which is usually a impounded atv. But anyway the wood in maine are quite similar to the terrain in penn. if not mabey even a little rougher. this is where the 650 was born to perform, it is true that it isn't that tight on turns but get acustom to the handleing and soon enough you will be wipping it sideways through the toughest corners. i hope your buddy pics one up because one ride and you may be thinking of an upgrade if rough terrain is your thing. just figuer new tires into the cost of the atv and you will be alright, the factory tires suck.

Old 04-17-2002, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

I used Plastis Renew on my fenders. It took the sratches out but it also took all the shine off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]