atvs are great for those with a disability

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atvs are great for those with a disability

It't funny, I have posted this topic on disability sites and get few responces. I can't believe that more people don't use ATVS for recreation and outdoor mobility.

Old 03-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

Sad but True! Normal people believe that we are supposed to sit in a chair and stare at the TV with drool running down our chins! Then if you mention that you can actually find some enjoyment in life they want to take your disability away! Damn shame that more disabled folks don't dare try to find something that brings them pleasure!

Old 03-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

I think that most people with a disability don't know what they could do on a ATV. They need someone to invite them on a ride. This is also an expensive hobby.

Old 03-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

'Til I moved to AZ 3 yrs ago I didn't live where I could get much use from an ATV. I lived on the California coast and kayaking was my outdoor interest when I wasn'y shooting squirrels from my Jeep! Several hours in the surf or paddling quietly on a nearby lake was great. We adapt! In AZ we use ATC's! I was director of psychology in a 50 bed rehab hospital for 11 years. I did my share of educating patients, family, friends and staff that "we" don't have to be shut up away from public view 'cuz we aren't the beautiful people the media likes to portray! I'll get off my soapbox 'cuz you all have had similar experiences. Thanks for being "out there!"
Tim

Old 03-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

I guess I have been blessed by growing up with a good family and friends that supported me in what I wanted to do. When I see a person with a disability depressed and bored with life, I want to say, try to do something you want to do. Make a goal and work hard to reach it.

Old 04-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

Any new stories????

Old 04-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi everyone i just bought a new (second hand ) trike, a yam tri z i will post some piccies when i get them,
my wife kickstarts it for me then the rest is down to me, it really flies its ported with a dg race pipe when you dip the clutch in 3rd the front wheel come right up, didn`t half put a smile on my face, i love it.
i`ll get back 2 u soon.
steve.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

[quote]
Originally posted by: stevie007
hi everyone i just bought a new (second hand ) trike, a yam tri z i will post some piccies when i get them,
my wife kickstarts it for me then the rest is down to me, it really flies its ported with a dg race pipe when you dip the clutch in 3rd the front wheel come right up, didn`t half put a smile on my face, i love it.
i`ll get back 2 u soon.
steve.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][/q
Those tri Z's are nice! I use to kick start my ATC200X, Blaster and banshee by hand. I would put a big foam grip over the starter. The Banshee was easy to start.

Old 04-07-2003, 05:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

thats a great idea, i`ll try hopefully i won`t break my arm in the process lol.
i really like the idea of banshee did you manage it ok?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2003, 09:35 AM
Range Rover

The banshee was a good quad but for the money, I like the four strokes. I rode a 300ex for 8 rears before the raptor and Z400. You can pickup 300ex's cheap and they are a great quad with electric start and reverse.

Quick Reply: atvs are great for those with a disability