I've been banned!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To John and Bill,

I have only been a member of MATVA for a short time. All I seem to be reading about on the MATVA forum and now the ATV Connection forum are people saying that there are problems inside the MATVA. You guys have been going round and round for the last two to three weeks about how Rich R. is incompetant and inept for the job that he is trying to do. It would be nice if someone would elaborate to the problems in the association to enlighten the rest of the members. Because if you don't it just sounds like a bunch of double talk from people that do not know what they are talking about. At least Rich R. is trying to make a difference for the State of Michigan ATV riders. All you guys seem to be doing is sitting at your keyboards whining and crying.

If you could, please enlighten me.

Respectfully,
Russ
MATVA Member

Old 07-16-2002, 01:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Russ,
you have never heard me once say that Richard R is incompetant/inept for the job he is tring to do.Nobody anywhere at any time supported what RR was attemting to do for ATVers in the State of Mich more than myself.As for MATVA and its sucess?Some members just like myself have played a good size role in the sucess of where MATVA is today.

Old 07-16-2002, 08:26 AM
Pro Rider

Russ! Glad you stopped in and wanted to be 'enlightened'!.

Now, before we start, do you have permission from 'the powers that be' to start a conversation that will inevitably drag your club down even further than it's going now? (Do you really think that I've commented on 'everything' I've experienced?)

I, personally, don't care to go down that road.

BUT, if you are that intent on screwing things up further; you run along and get permission from the 'boss' to open up another can of worms.

On second thought, why don't you just READ my previous comments so you don't have to 'play dumb' with comments such as: "It would be nice if someone would elaborate to the problems in the association to enlighten the rest of the members." Sorry, the posts are still there. YOU TELL ME which statements of mine you have a problem with.

I'm sorry, that is IF you get permission to 'come out and play'.

don't do it, Russ.........................

John

Old 07-16-2002, 09:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Michigan ATV Association banned me from the chat site because I asked the President, Richard Rondeau, where I could find the link to the Tahquamenon Hotel, located in Hulbert Michigan. The manager of that inn paid 100 to MATVA (Richard Rondeau) for a commercial membership to MATVA and the President, Richard Rondeau, replied: Your business information was posted on our site approximately 2 months post receiving your business membership from you" When I e-mailed Richard Rondeau where I could find that information posted on MATVA not only did I NOT receive an answer but I was banned from the site.
I am not a LAWYER BUT WHEN SOMEONE ACCEPTS MONEY FOR A SERVICE AND DOES NOT PROVIDE THAT SERVICE THAT MIGHT BE SOMETHING CLOSE TO A CRIMINAL FRAUD. NO WONDER RICHARD RONDEAU WAS READY TO REFUND THIS GUY'S MONEY!
Richard Rondeau does not have the education and technical ability to accomplish his goals. He should only be a training instructor and certainly not in charge of representing all of us Michigan riders. So if you are thinking about throwing your money away and joining this "business"/club; remember what the President wrote in his own words:"If there are those who are not happy with our program, they do not have to participate; it's as simple as that. No one is forcing anyone to provide services against their will."
This is the e-mail I RECEIVED FROM CRAIG HILER, THE TRAIL MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR FOR MATVA:
"you make a good point. For I could not find it either."
WHY HASN'T THE MATVA WEB SITE CHANGED IN THE LAST TWO YEARS?
HERE IS YOUR ANSWER from Richard Hecock who is the IT Coordinator at MATVA:
" Per discussions with Rich Rondeau
MATVA had hired a Web programmer to create the
original site with all the bells and whistles. The
problem is that the site took forever to load for
those with modems. After much discussions with the
Web programmer, it was decided that the contract be
disovled between MATVA and the programmer since the
programmer wanted to keep all the bells and
whistles.
The reason why I told you the above, is that the
MATVA site is intended to be an informational site as
much as possible. We want it to look professional
with quick load times for those with slower internet
connections. Otherwise the site just doesn't work to
get information to the masses.
I know that there needs to be some balance and to be
honest we just have not had the time to try and
rebalance the site out.
As far as the pictures, I think that anyone can post
up to that area although I am not sure how that would
take place? Rich R. could better answer that
question. To be honest, if the folks are not sending
recent pictures in to be posted or not trying to post
them themselves than the pictures will never be
recent.
Another item to consider is the space required.
MATVA does not have a very large budget for IT stuff
yet. This is due to many factors one of which it is
a small growing association. Money is in short
supply for all the items MATVA needs to exist.
We will look into your other two suggestions of FLASH
and quicktime. I think that would be a great idea.
I was trying to get the game to work to look at the
liscene information. If MATVA would need to purchase
something for the right to have that demo on the
site, then it more than likely will not happen.
Now some questions for you, when you say you are
interested in helping with the Web site, what part
would you like to help with? Examples would be
maintaining the content in the site pages, or setting
up a FLASH / quicktime view area and maintaining it,
or maintaining a picture area, etc. Just trying to
get a feel for what your interest is and how much
time you would like to spend.
Just a couple of other quick notes:
Currently Rich Rondeau maintains the MATVA Web site.
The plan is for me to take it over once the
Membership application is completed with the help of
another member in the western part of the state.
I as the IT coordinator will be making
recommendations to Rich R. but he has the final say
and final stamp of approval for anything that goes
onto or into the MATVA Site. This is so that we
maintain a consitancy with MATVA's direction and
purpose for existance.
I cc'ed Rich on the note so that he is aware of your
suggestions and interest.(*note from MMM-this is probably why I got banned by Sir Richard)
I will talk to him in more
detail on the suggestions at the next meeting July
14th. If you could make it to that meeting, so that
we could meet you that would be a big plus.
Also I hate to ask you this question and please don't
be offended by it: Are you a MATVA member? I think
that Rich R. will agree that we would prefer only
members to volunteer time and effort for the Web
site. This is to ensure that everyone is on the same
page and has the same vision for the association.
Thanks again and please be patient with us.
Rich Hecock"
The MATVA web site has not changed in the past two years because they fired the webmaster because they , once again like me, disagreed with Richard Rondeau. Nothing ever changes on their web site because they don't even have a functioning webmaster. If MATVA purportes to "Protecting Your Rights ~ Serving Your Interests"
Bull- They will serve their own interests only. It is only a severe case of nepotism at MATVA. Just look at who's who's. If not a direct relative then probably married to one.
This is not a club it is a business. They get money from the State of Michigan besides dues.Most of us quadders want to learn more about trails, accomodations, gas. See pictures of the trails and descriptions. Richard Rondeau is NOT serving the interests of the majority of quadders in Michigan. He only cares about TRAINING. He should step down and allow ELECTIONS just like the MSA does.
Would anyone like to read what Rich G. from the Tahquamenon Inn in Hulbert thinks about the 100 he paid to MATVA for nothing.
Here it is:
I don't know where it is either. I haven't seen it, but I havn't looked far. I won't be rejoining.
Richard has made this his own little business at the expense of the members. He owes money and is really doing nothing for ATVing. He sits on the board and that gets him places, but that won't last.
In the next 30-45 days, you will see a lot of Rondeau bashing from loyal members. All directors are family and are not elected. He has stated that there will never be an election. That is a business, not an association or a club.
Keep looking in and posting. That chiler that wrote the last message is a brother in law or something I think. Not sure.
Take care and if you want info on our hotel, go to tqoutfitters.com."
I am one of the few people who not only used to go to the ORIGINAL Michigan ATV site when it was owned by GREG GEARY but I have also personally met with Greg Geary. He now runs "Hypercardz"(www.greatlakes.net/~ggeary/)
MATVA is a poor excuse for a web site since Richard Rondeau took it over. Remember Richard Rondeau according to Craig Hiler:" Not to make any excuses for him but, he is very busy. He has
his job at the dealership, then he has his safety training classes, & then
he keeps trying to make everyone happy in MATVA."
Richard Rondeau has NO skills when it comes to web page creation or maintenance and no ability to manage the complex task of organizing ATV operations in Michigan.
I voluteered my time to update things and what happened? First, they want my money then they banned me.
In closing, two words MATVA Sucks!
-------------------------
Northern Riders

Old 07-18-2002, 08:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Testing!

Old 07-19-2002, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer

It's slow, Bill.... Averaging less than 5 new posts a day from what I've seen.