Best Rain Gear for Muddin

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Rain Gear for Muddin

Hey, what do you guys recommend for raingear for serious muddin' or just riding in adverse conditions?

Whenever I buy the cheap rain gear, the crotch rips out. I want something waterproof, rip-proof and can simply be hosed off and hung up in the garage.

Old 11-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

I recently purchased a GORE-TEX 2-Piece suite from CABELAS and I couldn't be happier with it. I opted for the Non-Insulated model so that I could use it during the warmer months of the year as well as during winter. I just wear a set of insulated CARHARTS underneath when it's cold out, or multiple layers when it's frigid. (I can't recall the exact name of the suit, but let me know if you need it and I'll look it up.)

The "breathability" is incredible, compared to standard rain suits. When combined with "gators", waterproof boots, and handlebar mits, I actually finish a HAIRY ride through mud, rain and/or snow just as dry and clean and warm as I started. It's a heck of a lot more expensive than even a quality "rain" suit, but to me, well worth the money. (I think that I paid around $250 for both the pants and a hooded jacket.)

I was riding this past weekend through some real nasty stuff and me and the bike were TRASHED at the end of the day. I couldn't believe how clean and dry I was when gearing down after the ride. When I was pressure washing the quad, I just sprayed off the outerwear, hung it up to dry, and it looks brand new!

Good Luck!

Old 11-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I go to HomeDepot or similiar place and get the ones for construction use. They are a thicker mil. and hold up much longer. HTH

Old 11-26-2002, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

We wear chest waders in the winter and shorts in the summer.