Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

LURCH7-
I know exactly what you have and havn't had a look at yet...what you have seen is the over-rating of the SRT-10...what you havn't seen?- the 2004 Lightning-intercooled, supercharged, 500-500 hp/torque, and a nice 6-speed manual to put all that fuggin power to the damn asphalt...not to mention it's lighter that the Dodge

Old 06-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

SKRIBLER-
man, I like your way of thinkin...all of these people reading about Dodge and Chevy and thinkin the V10's so badass...yea, it is, but nothing compared to the new 04 Lightning...keep your opinions comin

Old 06-17-2003, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

WOW. There is some crazy thinking out there.
I know there are some wrenches out (like me) that work on them every day, have to be laughing.
I work for the county so I have no brand loyalty. I my opinion they all SUCK. I seem that some of these engineers have never pulled wrenches. If they did they would not have stuffed a 7.3 (T444E IHC) in a E250 van. Yes, they do make and yes it sucks to work on.
All these "new" diesel will not hold up well. They can't. People got use to the abuse the real truck base engines could take. The new more "gas like" diesels with all there hi tech crap just cant cut it. 7.3/5.9/ even the old 6.3 (Detroit Diesel fuel pincher based) were for diesel for trucks.
On the sport side......It's all about the green.
Formula One. 3.0L/ V-6/ 1200hp.
Ford/Chevy/etc. 3.0~3.8L/190~260 hp Intake leaking/front seal leaking/ head gasket blowing, POS

Old 06-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

A question like that 'aught to come with a punchline... Get the dodge or get Triple A

Old 06-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fordy, we appreciate the input, it was more than welcome. The thread started out which would be better for towing ATVs, Lightning or Dodge Hemi. I do believe the answer is the Lightning.

Old 06-18-2003, 04:18 AM
Range Rover

I know this is off subject but the Chevy fan has got to say something!! Since the Camaro has stopped being manufactured(RIP), I believe now the Mustang is trying to compete with the Corvette, which they should. But hmm they better try a lil bit harder, the Cobra R, Roushes, Cobra, and damn what other Mustangs havent hanged with the Z06 yet. Kinda hard to beat 0-60 in 3.8 secs. Also with the new Corvette coming, there want be a whole lot of competition going on. If 405hp can get the Vette that quick to 0-60 Imagine what 450-500hp can do with its light weight. Being that the Corvette weighing 3118lb and the new Cobra weiging at 3665lbs.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

The fastest Diesel at your Fun Ford Weekend is the white 2 wheel drive and he can't hang with the diesel Cummins powered trucks. The Ford that ran 11.99 did it on Number 2 diesel no propane and was running a Cummins 12 valve engine out of a 97 Dodge not a stroke. Maybe you should attend a Diesel Hot Rod Association meet and see what fast trucks running straight diesel are running. The Cummins trucks are outrunning the Strokes that are using propane and nitrous. I've watched 4 wheel drive Dodges run what he is running with that lightweight race truck on propane. An he is the only guy that managed to hit the 12s with a lightweight 5800 pound 2 wheeldrive powerstroke. There are even a couple of Dodge Duallys that are running 12.70s that have a 1000 pounds on that lightweight. The fastest drag racing vehicle diesel in the world is Cummins powered.( It's a rail that runs Super Comp) The fastest top speed diesel truck is Cummins powered and owned by Banks. The fastest truck running at the DHRA events is Cummins powered and runs in the 10s and rumor has it that there are a couple of diesel powered drag trucks in the makings that will be in the 9s. One of them is a LiL Red Express that is just about ready to debut. You won't get those kinds of numbers out of stroke without changing the rods and crank out for something stronger and even with that I doubt if the block will handle the stress for very many passes.
DHRA Member # S/D 302

Old 06-18-2003, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Replying to Scribler- The new Dodge Srt-10 pricing is not near that expensive. It's going to range from 40-45 thousand still a lot but not near what you were saying. The truck is going into production this falls so maybe we could stop using that as an excuse why the truck couldn't beat something. The truck gets 10 mpg in town and 14 on highway as well.

Old 06-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Eiger4x4-

ah, it's amazing how people think the Z06 cannot be matched, but believe me... the Roush 1's 2's and 3's definately measure up. And above all the Cobra R can keep right up with it...go to Kazaa and type in "cobra r" in videos and check out some of the videos...you'll be surprised as to just how much the mustangs compare to the Z06...and if you didn't read that comment I made about John Gullett's Mustang 5.0, take a look...

later

Old 06-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

wait a minute...why is everyone talking about a lightning towing atv's? the lightning is built for racing

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv