PERSONAL SITES??? BE AWARE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003 | 04:25 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default PERSONAL SITES??? BE AWARE!!!!

The MPLS Star and Tribune has nothing but anti's working there and have been caught by several members in this forum, posting links to personal sites and using it to make a bad name for ATV'ers.

This is only the beginning. ATV's have been a HOT TOPIC lately. Check out different media sites in your local areas for chat rooms or message boards that could have ATV's as a topic. Drill into them and see what they have been saying/posting. If there are any links, try to find out whose site they are from and let them know ASAP. Some of our defenses are to change the links to **** sites. RFLMAO!!!!!! This is what they get when they want to see a dirty hole. Just without the wheelers.

Old 05-10-2003 | 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lep....That is exactly what they deserve!!!!!!

Bunch of low life....no life....idiots!!!!

They used my pics for a very brief period!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Did you get a look at how I changed the pics??? Nothing rated xxx, but I LMAO just the same!!!!

Old 05-10-2003 | 08:58 PM
|
Pro Rider

fango,

yeah, I got a chance to see your's I believe. Was that the one with the "ton of fun" next to the pickup? Whereisthemud is also another member whose site was pirated. I recognized the pics and let him know asap.

Another thing that helps is to check people's photo albums if you have the time. I have been making it a habit to view these and that is how I recognized whereisthemud's pics. Someone else had seen the links in the MNDNR forums and the Star Tribune's boards as well and posted here in the Connection.

Old 05-10-2003 | 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, that was mine....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].....I had a bunch of others in that album.....especially for John and Bonassssssa!

They are the 2 no life stooges that like to use other peoples personal photos..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2003 | 03:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sometimes I think that some of the questions are posted by anti-atvers. Just to get some negative responses to use to their advantage. Some of the questions are just ridiculous.

Old 05-12-2003 | 11:12 AM
|
Pro Rider

well well well, guess what I found?

It appears that John has found a post of mine here in the Connection and used it in the DNR site. Although, I stick by my beliefs on the Princeton situation in the ditch/repairs, I would have to say that I take his comment as a compliment.

But, don't get me wrong. It is just plain wrong to use someone's pics (especially those on private property) to back up his own personal agenda.

Between the extreme left and the extreme right, there is common ground in between.

Old 05-12-2003 | 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Personally I'd like to thank John. In the Star Tribune web site he posted a link to someone's mudding photos and as I looked through them I saw my own son on my brother's AC 375 (he wasn't riding it, just helping my brother get it unstuck). I wish I could get ahold of the guy who owned the site to see if I could get a copy of the original, but he didn't have an e-mail listed. Here is the site in question, if any of you know who this person is, let me know, or let him know so I can see about getting a copy. My son is in the bottom photo of the first page of the Red Top Ride 2 album.

Old 05-12-2003 | 02:34 PM
|
Pro Rider

is it mnripper's site????Or it may be minnesotaripper. Not sure.

Old 05-12-2003 | 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Good point. We should be careful what we say in public forums as well as what we put on our own ATV related web sites. Thanks for bringing this up, LEP7MM!!!