Non starter quad bike - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

Old 06-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Default Non starter quad bike

Recently bought a second hand quad from a social media site,before buying the seller did tell us it needed a couple of things doing...
1. new battery needed as it wouldn't start vehicle,but it started first time with a spare external battery via leads.
2. small weld on foot plate needed (not a starting issue I know)
3. there were 2 wires bared at front of vehicle which had to be twisted together to start (which needed a switch putting on)
4. then just a case of hitting start switch and she was away....
So,today went and bought new battery and fitted correctly,really attempting to start now but is getting nowhere !
To be honest I don't know what position the 'kill switch' should be in and writing is worn off on switch and surround....
As I say she really trying to start but it just won't actually fire up,any ideas whatsoever would be really helpful.
I've been told it's possibly a Huskvarna,but I'm not sure just know it's a 125cc automatic machine