Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

96 Banshee top end rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 96 Banshee top end rebuild

Vito's are made for the people who want a little more when they rebuild. They are built by Wiseco for Vito and are actually better because they have the rings moved down more away from heat.

Old 10-31-2003, 07:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh okay Bubba, I forgot that you are the one building the National Motors and not the National renowned builder that built mine..... I forgot that you are in all the mags, and build all the Pikes Peak quads that are always in the podium year after year after year.......... I forgot that you are the one in Cali that does this for a living, I must apologize to you for my inappropriate verbal usage, (bowing down to the glorious engine builder from ARKANSAS)............................. Bubba, I think I may refer all of my friends to you for future mods, what do you recommend??

All I am saying is my builder in Cali said that Vitos are for people that do not know how to port an engine, however on the second rebuildal on the 2-strokes he does use Weisco, hmmmm how ironic.... Perhaps he doesn't know what he is doing and only is so popular with everyone because he does not know?? Hmmm can you elaborate oh wise one from Arkansas?? I am listening

Old 10-31-2003, 11:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

WOW,Let me shed a little light here,For one vito takes wisco pistons and mod's the to his spec's not the other way around.And for what your buddy said Rojo is not true.Vitos pistons are fly cut on the exhaust side making the engine think that has been ported.THATS it.Yes he knows how to port a engine.I know this first hand.It is your choice on who does your motor work.If it going to be just a piston replacement "I" would go with vito's pistons just because of the extra power the pistons will make for yha ,but vito's pistons work best with a stock motor not a ported motor because of there design.IF your going to have your motor ported have it ported by a "big name in the game" not buy some one who say's they can do it!

Old 11-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Range Rover

IF your going to have your motor ported have it ported by a "big name in the game" not buy some one who say's they can do it! IF your going to have your motor ported have it ported by a "big name in the game" not buy some one who say's they can do it!

Yeah, I totally agree on this, if someone is going to port your engine, ONLY let someone with a proven reputation do this!! Not some 'shade tree mechanic'.............. Send your motor off to one of the big builders, there are many of them............

I am very confident with my builder, he has proven himself with his National championships of his product.......

Old 11-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Range Rover

Sethrojr, not sure of your airbox info, but don't run without the airbox lid unless you have the proflo mod in your airbox. Otherwise use clamp on air filters for your carbs.

As for the Billybob backyard porting I disagree. Mostly because I do this on the side and I will race any big name Co's port work. In my opinion they are just expensive off-the-shelf port jobs. Not to bash anyones engine builder but you get what you pay for with the big names. I think the more expensive ones run better (Duncan) but you can still do better from a smaller Company. You'd get alot more for less from someone like me or others without any big overhead advertising to cover. Just be cautious of who you choose and ask a lot of questions. Everyone knocks the Vito pistons (especially those who port) because it takes work off of their benches. I do suggest a real port job over vito's pistons, it give you twice the power increase at least.