Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

anyone have that boondocker nitrous kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone have that boondocker nitrous kit?

With the boondocker kit, you dont need a battery, you just tie in to a hot circuit

Old 12-23-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I would pay for the parts and some of the labor, his need to do a trick 400 would be the ther part of his payment. I'll be curious too cause he's worked on indycar engines and was talking about trick valves modded from a v-tech and suck. With him the exotic yet reasonably relaible is fully attainable. We'll see.

Old 12-23-2003, 07:26 PM
mrh
Trailblazer

Boondockers is only meant for short bursts, and is closer to a dry system then a wet system, as it pressurizes the bowls to increase fuel. I have seen numerous of these systems operate in the winter without ever seeing one freeze.

A true wet sytem has fogger nozzles that mount after the carbs. To run a true wet system you can run a regulator/rectifier off of something with electric start or a bridge rectifier to run your solenoids off of the mag. if your machine has a suspect electrical system you can have a hobby shop make a 12 volt battery out of RC car battery cells that weigh only a pound or so.

There are a number of systems available and for most quad applications you could run a dry nozzle directly into the airbox jet a couple of sizes rich and get the 20hp boost you are looking for. Most people are already jetted rich anyways

Old 12-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Cool!

Old 01-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

please read the rules ......

Old 01-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

ok, it's very obvious that u guys have been around this stuff for a while. i'm jus lookin into running nitrous, and alcohol. could i mix them? also, about how much would it cost me to hook up nitrous to a 400EX? i'm lookin for cheap, and reliable. i like to jump and go play too, so could i install nitrous, and still do these things, but only use nitrous on the drag strip?

Old 01-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yes you can use nitrous in conjunction with alcohol, just remember that your mileage with alcohol will be considerably less and you will need to purge the system of the alcohol between rides as it can corrode your carb etc. My friend who works for Crower Racing used to run what looked like a stock 230 Quadsport and increased compression and displacement to 270 added a Lectron carb and ran alcohol and was putting out over 30 hp. He suggests the use of lectrons with alcohol because of their use if plastic float bowls that decrease the amount of corrosion that can occur.

Old 01-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I say, correct me if im wrong, that the bigger your engine, the safer. A raptor shouldn't be that risky compared to a 250R.If you know what you're doing, and you instal it properly, it will bring you quarter miles of fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

i'm geeting one soon and ill keep it posted

Quick Reply: anyone have that boondocker nitrous kit?