Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

carb problem on banshee and jetting

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb problem on banshee and jetting

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]hello, first timer on here. i have changed my stock carbs to pj 34. problem i am having is , it wont idle at all. unless i hold the throttle away from the tors switch on the throttle box . i think its in my old tors system or the thumb throttle. i was told to just unplug the the tors and install the new carbs but it wont idle and the dealer i bought them from keeps leading me to the jet settings. but i believe i am real close to that. anyone have any ideas what i did wrong or what i need to do to it still. its been a very long head ache for me and am about to put stock carbs back on. anyone know, what jet i need to use? . the mods are:bills pipes, reed spacers, uni filters with no airbox, boost bottle, and a lot of speed decals. stock carbs i was at 340 with: open lid airbox, with the mods already listed. SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE lol. thanks

Old 01-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

Are you running two 34 pJ's or one?

Old 01-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

I think unplugging the switch doesn,t deactivate the tors.I think you have to jump the leads in the plug so it thinks the switch is open all the time.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am running two pj34.I figured out why it wouldn't idle, it was the tors in the throttle box. But still dont have a clue in were to start with my main jet, which is I believe around a 160, and the pilot is a 52 with the air screw turned out one turn. Pilot seems to be ok, but haven't tested it on the trail yet. Thanks for your response. People like you, make these sites KICK ***! Thanks again

Old 01-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

i just took out the switch in the throttle box and zip tied it to the frame. it idles now. i think your right about jumping the plugs together. thanks alot brother

Old 01-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer

So you don't have the switch hangen there what i used was a paper clip and cut it and just used then U part of it and pushed it threw the back side of the plug. That way you don't have anything zip tied anywhere. You can also cut the wires and just tie them in with each other. Wait a second? Did you just unplug the tors off the carbs or did you jumper them? You need to jumper the dead connectors or your going to have a bunch of problems. When the lever is all the way closed the bike should run find because the only thing that switch does is tell it that the throttle isn't opened all the way. The bike isn't supposed to start wide open thats why they put the junker tors on there is really dumb but oh well. If you just jumper all of them you should be good to go. I would start with the tors plugs that used to go into the carbs because when i jumpered those i had no problem doing any of the other stuff.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

Just unplug all the TORS stuff and it will run fine. As for jetting, A motor I done for someone else ran 58 pilots, DGK needle middle notch, 150 mains. You should be pretty close where you're at right now.

Old 01-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for all the info, i am a real idiot when it comes to carbs. but once i am tuned i can keep it tuned to weather changes. its just starting from scratch that is a pain in the ?ss.