Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

twist throttle...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twist throttle...

Originally posted by: FoxSpirits
Sorry Mr.Safety, next time i go racing i will be sure to stay way more than 5 feet away from the other riders and next time i go riding with my buddys ill have to stay atleast 10 feet away just incase that throttle might stick.

Seriously, do you keep at far distances from your riding companions when you go riding? Chances are no.

Stop ragging on what happened to be an accident.
Don't try and blame that on the throttle. If you can't do the maintance on your quad, don't ride it.
SIMPLE.

Old 11-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

thanx shav, i was startin to think i was the only person on here who thinks that the accident could have been prevented.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Next time you argue with someone make sure you read what they are talking about, because it was a dirt bike throttle that stuck and it wasnt my dirt bike, But just for you entertainment i take extra care of my quad everyday.

Also, I have not once said the accident couldn't have been prevented, I will again say that the accident was caused on someone elses dirtbike that he was looking to buy and the twist throttle stuck when he was riding it and happened to hit me. I hope that clears up anything that you want to BS about.

Old 11-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Actually you said the twist was at fault. And said they suck, blah blah blah.

Old 11-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
Actually you said the twist was at fault. And said they suck, blah blah blah.
I did say the twist throttle was at fault, only becuase it was.

I did not say they suck, i said the stick when not properlly maintained.
I happen to like twist throttles and i wouldnt mind having one, the only reason i havnt bought one is because i dont like taking care of them.

Old 11-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZillaRider87
My freind broke his elbow today due to sand in his twist throttle, he was on a xr200 and was behind me while i was stopping he attempted to slow down and the throttle stuck, he jumped off the bike just before it hit me but the bike hit the back of my quad and flipped over me and landed about 10 feet in front of me (no damage to my quad thank god) but my buddy broke his elbow and is at the hospital right now.

Twist throttles stick, thats bad, ive had many stick on me when riding dirt bikes, if you get one make sure you clean it out alot.
the twist throttle isnt all the fault, i mean, if the throttle sticks, wouldnt instinct be the pull on the clutch lever??
he was like 5 feet behind me and he didnt have time to realize to pull the clutch in. Lets now think of the ways it could have been avoided:

The owner of the bike should give proper maintenance to the twist throttle.

Use a thumb throttle.

Just to remind you of what i have previously stated.

Old 11-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

I rode a twist throttle on a 400ex once, and it threw me like a bucking bronco. I went over some whoops, and i pinned the throttle on a landing, front cmae up, threw me, etc. I mean it was cool, feels like your riding a bike, but i personally will stick with my thumb throttle on a quad.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

well i know this is way off topic but i was just curious. i was wondering if you could put a twist clutch on a quad, i know i have seen this done on motorcycles but didn't know if things would be different for an atv...

Old 11-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Im sure you can do it, but its going to have to be fabricated

Old 11-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Im sure you can do it, but its going to have to be fabricated

Quick Reply: twist throttle...