Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Straight pipes are fine for a engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight pipes are fine for a engine?

Straight pipes? Come on-why make it any louder than it needs to be. The Bills pipe on my 450R may be loud, but its there for reasons OTHER than to be a noisemaker. Its no wonder places to ride are gettin few and far between- IDIOTS. If i see anyone with a straight pipe where I ride, theyre gonna get their faces roosted off. Grow up- this is why our favorite riding places get booby trapped, blocked, and otherwise ruined. And butthead- go find a pair of SCREAMIN EAGLES and take a long ride off a short pier. PEACE

Old 03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer

Horsepower tip for ya buthead- take the air filter off that POS too, hopefully you blow it up before you make anyone else suffer with your ignorance

Old 03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

ok your al talking about streight pipes. what are u people meaning? a streight pipe coming off header or a pipe with a a streight coar?

and for hitting deer i can go from 60-0 in about 4 secs on my 400ex.

loud pipes usualy = more top end and less bottom end power. usualy the louder the pipe the more air the is flowing throught it which if it flows alot it is top end pipe.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Range Rover

Straight pipes on an atv? Proabably not the greatest idea. Less backpressure, due to a considerably increased rate of airflow, means that your exhaust valves will probably wear out quickly. Performance gain? Probably only slightly noticeable throughout the shifts. Is it worth is? You make that call. Is it really worth ruining your engine for the slight performance gain? Ask yourself.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BS400EX
Straight pipes on an atv? Proabably not the greatest idea. Less backpressure, due to a considerably increased rate of airflow, means that your exhaust valves will probably wear out quickly. Performance gain? Probably only slightly noticeable throughout the shifts. Is it worth is? You make that call. Is it really worth ruining your engine for the slight performance gain? Ask yourself.

well tell me this. if running streight pipes is going to cause trouble than running no muffler would to even more easier. i did it for 9 months and i beat the quad. problums? nope. none caused by muffler

Old 03-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Why do i picture getdrunk sittin around with a bottle of whisky in one hand and the other hand flailing spasticly off his chest. all this while drool running down his chin and noises like dar durr der comming from his mouth?

Old 03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Why do i picture getdrunk sittin around with a bottle of whisky in one hand and the other hand flailing spasticly off his chest. all this while drool running down his chin and noises like dar durr der comming from his mouth?
der der..........eeeeeeeeeep du du derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffff.....................................

Old 03-13-2006, 10:00 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I am now asking myself why I didnt toss this in the trash can 2 weeks ago

Good stuff here

Old 05-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by buthead
there is nothing wrong with riding the road aslong as you use your head. which i do. i figure if i want to ride the road i will. i know that is not the law but the law is stupid. the way i see it is that if i ride the road and get away with it then i got to point B. if i ride the road and get caught then... well... i fought the law and the law won. in my neighbor hood riding a atv is not looked down upon. people that go out and steal and murder is looked down upon here. i dont know where you come from but where i am riding a atv acually makes people smile. because instead of teenage kids out smokin the cheba behind the school they would rather ride there atv. that does my heart good. what i always have been taught is "you do your thing ill do mine" that is the way i will live until i die.

"I'll bet it will really fly when you get the training wheels off too." as said by scootergptx

i took those stock wheels off and tru on some magnums with mudlites and that baby flys. thanks for the tip.
amen brother I'm gonna straight pipe my exhaust on my Honda rubicon and you know what mayby I'll lend my exhaust to these other ****** so they can have a dubble muffler exhaust so they can really get themselves wet

Old 05-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Svilly
amen brother I'm gonna straight pipe my exhaust on my Honda rubicon and you know what mayby I'll lend my exhaust to these other ****** so they can have a dubble muffler exhaust so they can really get themselves wet
It's nice to know there are people like you who show up 12 years later and bump old threads like this with such intelligent comments. I'm looking forward to more of your brilliant contributions in the coming years.

Quick Reply: Straight pipes are fine for a engine?