Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Wrist Pin Qqestion

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrist Pin Qqestion

I have an 04 Rancher 350 manual shift 4x4. The guy I bought it from had a ring go bad and looks like he replaced the cyclinder and I guess the ring's on the piston, I can tell that the color of the cyclinder looks new from the color of the head and block. Well to me it sound's like maybe the wrist pin is making a noise, I can hear it good when I'm on flat terrian in 1st 2nd or 3rd at steady throttle NOT accelarating or decelerating but when you get some speed and let off just a little and hold it their. I hope it's not a rod bearing. A guy listened and said it sound like a wrist pin also. My question is can I do this myself, I know on a car motor the wrist pin's have to be pressed in. Also what about timing chain is all that going to be tied in with installing this wrist pin, I have adjusted the valves on it once and it was a piece of cake, but I'm not to sure about the wrist pin job.

Any Info would help
Thanks

Old 03-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrist Pin Qqestion

i had a wrist pin clip fall out and the wrist pin was grinding off the cylinder wall and i couldn't hear it the only way i new something going wrong was it started smokin are you sure it's no a valve or the timing chain needs to be adjusted i think if the wrist pin was loose you would have a lot more problems than just alil noise.