Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Stupid NON-RIDING Injuries - While on a riding trip

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that I can't be the only one!!

A few months ago on a trip to Silver Lake Sand Dunes with my wife. I noticed that the chain on her 2002 Scrambler X needed tightening. So here I am after a whole day of high speed riding and dune climbing........you know all the things you can break your neck on, sitting in the trailer loosening the retaining bolts for the the chain when the wrench slipped!! I struck the upper part of my fore arm (about 4" up from my wrist) on the chain guard!! It was the normal holler then get back to work, but the next day I could hardly move my wrist. I had to get an Ace bandage and wrap it up to ride the next day.........yes I rode the next day.

It has been about three months now and my wrist still clicks when I turn my wrist. It clicked so loud that I had it X-Ray'ed.....but nothing was broken. Appearently I damaged the legiment that holds one of the bones of my wrist in it's socket. It may be like this for a long time.......who knows.

Anyway, the thing that blows about it is that, why couldn't it have happened while I was airing it out over a 30' double!! Or maybe after a 100' wheelie or something cool like that!!

Anyway, does anyone else have any STUPID NON-RIDING ACCIDENT stories??

Old 09-18-2002, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

I got locked in the infield at Texas Motor Speedway after a night of partying with the rich folks in their motor homes.
I got to the gate (10') & it was locked! I thought I'd walk to the other end of the track & go out the tunnel but Jack Daniels said I could climb the fence & I listened to him.
The end result was a shattered ankle, 3 titanium screws, I missed the race & off work for 7 months.

No more Jack Daniels for me any more!! Just Crown Royal Special Reserve!! LOL!!

Old 09-18-2002, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

tried to kill myself backing the raptor out of the pickup! short day.
sober too. [at least at that time]

Old 09-18-2002, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Desert trips = Liver damage!!!!

Old 09-18-2002, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

did you get a nice purple/black bruise like an old lady? I am starting to get those. lol.

Old 09-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

okay, this isn't really non-riding, but it's pretty stupid

we always go to Cass, Arkansas every year and ride in the mountains. we got back to camp and my granpa said his 300ex wasn't wanting to take reverse,soI was looking at it on a little jump in camp well, i got to screwin' around and popped the clutch. I brought the damn thing over on me at maybe 2mph with everbody watching me. I still catch hell when we go down there!!

-the kid

Old 09-18-2002, 04:52 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I walked straight into a pole while I was on the topless beach section.

I fell back into the sand and then there was bare female chests all over me checking my huge bump. At that moment I knew what heaven was.

Chet
VP KNOWSALOT FACILITY

Old 09-18-2002, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

No, it was weird.......no big bruise. Just a bunch of snap, crackle pop.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!LMAO

Chet you crack me up...

Old 09-18-2002, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Greg, I have the snap crackle pop too. Get a velcro/neopreme strap for your wrist and a 1/4 twist throttle !

Quick Reply: Stupid NON-RIDING Injuries - While on a riding trip