Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

loud exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud exhaust

ive been around some loud 4 wheelers and i dont see how you people can complain about them being too loud..yea their loud when ur right next to them but u get a hundred yards away or so and its not that bad

Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default loud exhaust

We have a track in our town and they have a free admission policy if you can hear quads from your house......really I don't see a problem

I don't complain if I hear football loudspeakers and marching band from our house....usually the people who complain the most are the people who move into an area that has been heavily populated with atv's long before they moved in the area( they can sck it)......my 2 cents

On another note, I see no need to put a loud exhaust on a quad just because it "sounds cool" 9 x out of 10 you are the only one that thinks that.........the rest of us think you are a "doushbag" as someone stated earlier

Old 03-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default loud exhaust

I have the White bros. E2 silencer on mine and in my opinion its a perfect balance between being able to hear a nice exhaust tone without being overly loud. It claims to meet the 96db sound level requirements and when your puttin around its relatively quiet until you stab the throttle it comes alive. I refer to it as the flowmaster for 4-stroke quads. When I first got my trx 450r I took the spark arrestor out of the stock muffler and sounded like, well, a stock muffler with the spark arrestor out(read: crappy sound). The E2 seems to hush out any "undesirable" frequencies. Don't wanna bag on you youngins that like that sport compact car that has a folgers coffee can hangin out underneath the rear bumper, but for the sake of being able to ride anywhere without a noise ordinance being slapped on us, we have to take noise levels into consideration. The future is now, and loud doesn't always mean better.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default loud exhaust

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
The louder your exhaust the bigger douchebag you are.. If you wanna scream i am the biggest douchebage and i think riding ATVs should be illegal then get one really loud. Cuz you will be fueling the anti ATV movement with your obnoxious noise.
IM A DOUCHBAG!!!. THE BIGEST ONE TOO

For loud buy any pipe. shorten so its 6-8" long total. Remove al packing and replace it wit ha solid core or wrap aluminum around the stock core tight. It will be loud as no pipe.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default loud exhaust

Originally posted by: yz426ex
The louder your exhaust the bigger douchebag you are.. If you wanna scream i am the biggest douchebage and i think riding ATVs should be illegal then get one really loud. Cuz you will be fueling the anti ATV movement with your obnoxious noise.

(cricket noises)

Well, I guess no ones gonna argue that.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default loud exhaust

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Originally posted by: yz426ex

(cricket noises)

Well, I guess no ones gonna argue that.
Thats right they beter not eithor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default loud exhaust

Were you the annoying kid with cards in your spokes as a child as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default loud exhaust

Originally posted by: squeege
Were you the annoying kid with cards in your spokes as a child as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yep. I would use cans to. run em over and they stick to the tire and make a loud noise like almost loud as a quad!!.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default loud exhaust

Never tried that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default loud exhaust

BE AS LOUD AS YOU WANT THERE IS A SHOOTING RANGE BEHIND MY HOUSE THAT WAKES ME UP AT 8:30 ON SUNDAY MORNINGS SO IF THEY ARE NOT PUTTING RESTRITIONS ON THEM WELL THEN HOW CAN THEY PUT UM ON US?

Quick Reply: loud exhaust