Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

I need help, Preformance upgrades for of brand quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help, Preformance upgrades for of brand quad

My daughter was given a MFC Hawk 50. Its a good little quad, but it is really lacking in low end power. It will pretty much only run on smooth flat ground. I took her to a quad trail, but I had to push the thing every twenty feet or so because it coudn't make it over the bigger ruts, or up any incline.

I called the MFC company to see if they make any upgrades for it and they said no. I called the local bike shops to see if any other brand would fit but none of them knew. They all told me that I would need to figure out what Brand (if any) MFC modeled the quad after. If I can figure that out then I can find some parts that would fit.

So my question is, does any one out there have any ideas as to what parts would fit on a MFC Hawk 50? Or even an educated guess on what engine they modeled for the bike? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help, Preformance upgrades for of brand quad

Does it sound like the engine revs high when the kids put around on it?

Maybe there is room to lower the gearing. I mean like install a SMALLER front sprocket or LARGER rear sprocket to give it more low speed torque. The engine will rev higher but it wont stall going over the little hills. Unless the tranny is slipping or it's just spinning the wheels.

We bought our kids (now 11 and 9) some Delini (spelled) 90 cc quads and we have the OPPOSITE problem.

It revs right up spinning the tires, jerking the kids around. But doesn't ever seem to have much for a top speed. I'm thinking of putting a higher geared sprocket on them unless for some reason it's just limited somehow and needs a mod to let it go faster.