Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Has Anybody Put A Manual Atv Engine In A Go-Cart? :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Anybody Put A Manual Atv Engine In A Go-Cart? :)

I have a suzuki lt160 thats shot but has a good engine that i want to put in my go-cart
Its a 5 speed with reverse and automatic clutch

Has anybody ever done anything like this...any pics of something like this done?....

THANKS!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

me and my brother are in the process of putting a 1980 goldwing 1100cc 4-cylinder motor in an golfcart.... we are still tearing apart the goldwing.......

Old 03-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Know a person that was putting 250r motors in some karts. Those things could move.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

I seen one were some one made one using a 400ex motor and used the 400ex A-arms and shocks and stuff. I almost watned to do that with my motor make me a little sand rail.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

about 10 years ago my father and I put the engine from a 250 honda odyssey into a stock thundercart frame built for a 5hp briggs. we used the stock slipper clutch from the odyssey, and everything fit extremely well. We made all of our own brackets and mounts, and had a custom rear axle (solid 1 piece) made so that both rear wheels would pull. Stock go kart wheels front and rear. It would almost pull a wheelie, and would scream in a straight line. It would not turn, though. We eventually cut the rear axle allowing the go kart to turn. After that, with a little braking, I could roast the drive wheel. It was really fun the horse around with, but with no suspension, was really tough to go trailriding with. It was awesome, but it gave a real beating. The power to weight ratio was so far out of whack it was like putting a 440 in a dodge neon. The best advice I can offer is to make sure that it has some kind of suspension (shocks or springs) or it will be fun to play with, but not very practical to ride for extended periods of time. Good Luck

Old 08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

well if it is a raceing go kart go for it my freind racees them and they do it all the time with 2 stroke 200 cc dirt bike engins but they race a dirttrack ovel and run slicks

Old 08-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found this video on youtube a few days ago of a 1100 cc go cart. This cart is sick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qBwLYSWvBY

Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RideRed420

me and my brother are in the process of putting a 1980 goldwing 1100cc 4-cylinder motor in an golfcart.... we are still tearing apart the goldwing.......</end quote></div>

thats going to be crazy....was think about putting a cr500 in one. got raptor 700 front suspestion that i was also thinking of using.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 AM
Trailblazer

About 22 or so years ago, I rode a little kart with a modded yamaha 650cc street bike engine, with nitrous. Totally sick, I even rode "passenger", standing up straddling the engine, holding onto the roll bar while a friend drove like a maniac. It had a clutch pedal and a hand lever for shifting.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fleezy

I have a suzuki lt160 thats shot but has a good engine that i want to put in my go-cart
Its a 5 speed with reverse and automatic clutch

Has anybody ever done anything like this...any pics of something like this done?....

THANKS!!! [img][/img]</end quote></div>

i put a suzuki lt 230 5 speed motor in a yerf dog 3206 go kart over the summer. turned out great. if you still want pics let me know.

Quick Reply: Has Anybody Put A Manual Atv Engine In A Go-Cart? :)