Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Police Lights on a Bayou

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police Lights on a Bayou

Hello, I am buying a 2010 Bayou and wondering if its possible to install a PA System and Police Lights to it. If anyone has experience with this or with knowledge of this, please tell me if its possible. If anyone has any sites with good lights and pa systems that would be great. I was planning on using lights from extreme tatical dynamics. I was going to get 2 dual lights and a power box to control the lights from. Please reply with information.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes it is possible, first of all are you law enforcement? I hate it when wanna-be's do this. i am state trooper and it erks me when Non-LEO have lights. if you are, you need to get lights that don't have all the crappy plastic on them. get ones that are designed for external use as they can take the elements. mine i built myself and added a flasher module on it. its not hard to do, same concept as a car since its 12 volt, just make sure you use all LED's and not strobe lights, as they draw alot of current and your charging system is not equipped for strobes. as far as the PA, again, need to water proof it, but just wire it up as the instructions say. good luck

i will try to add a few pics of mine and show you how i did it. if you look close, you can see where i mounted all of mine. i also have a brush guard that protects my front ones (its being painted right now though)

Attached Thumbnails Police Lights on a Bayou-2011-10-23-19.27.00.jpg   Police Lights on a Bayou-2011-10-23-19.27.25.jpg  
Old 10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomyankees96
Hello, I am buying a 2010 Bayou and wondering if its possible to install a PA System and Police Lights to it. If anyone has experience with this or with knowledge of this, please tell me if its possible. If anyone has any sites with good lights and pa systems that would be great. I was planning on using lights from extreme tatical dynamics. I was going to get 2 dual lights and a power box to control the lights from. Please reply with information.
Originally Posted by polarisbear500
yes it is possible, first of all are you law enforcement? I hate it when wanna-be's do this. i am state trooper and it erks me when Non-LEO have lights.
I agree with pb500-
and would like to add; installing police strobes on any vehicle to impersonate any first responder is a felony (it is in mass anyway- and would assume most states have similiar laws.)

I understand that some people do this- but they (and you) are taking a risk IMO. Most guys stop prentending to be a cop / robber or a cowboy & indian around 10.

Just ride & have fun-