Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

PARTS COMPANY DISSATISFACTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had no problems with atv racing. they were the only ones with warrior +2 arms in stock. they said i would have them in a week and thats when they came. also ordered works shocks front and rear. the fronts came with the arms and rear came early following week. also had very good service with moto-man, rocky mtn., jl atv, and chaparral. so far my warrior rebuild has gone smoothly, mostly over the net.

Old 05-06-2001, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

Team Factory Racing
Ordered PWK 35 kit........NO Cable
K&N Clamp on kit for banshee..... ONE Outerwear

Order was one week late being shipped, called back and asked them to send me the cable that I would pay extra shipping so I would have by the weekend. Guess what.......NO CAble
They told me tough luck on the outerwear
NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MORONS!!
Th

Old 05-07-2001, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

I've also heard bad things about Team Factory Racing

Old 05-16-2001, 02:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ordered a carb through GWC. I hope you didn't give them your credit card number because they billed mine twice and shipped it out two weeks later than what they said.

Old 05-16-2001, 05:50 AM
Range Rover

Lone Star Racing

I ordered an airbox from them almost a year ago.I still haven't recieved it! I contact them at least once a month and they always say "we will get it right out to you". The worst part is that they charged my credit card when I ordered it!!!

Old 05-16-2001, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

Anything I can order through Rocky Mountain ATV I do. Always get the stuff when they say and usually the best prices. I've bought 14 tires and rims from them plus many other orders. Never been ripped off. Top notch company!!!

Old 05-16-2001, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

chriscoll1
that is illegal, companies cant charge you before they send parts out. if you call the credit card company, and tell them what happened, they actually have the right to fine the company. i would check that out.

Old 05-21-2001, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

IM GLAD TO SEE YOU GUYS HAVE KEPT THIS DISCUSSION ALIVE...WE DONT NEED TO LET IT DIE....I ALSO HAVE THE BEST LUCK WITH ROCKY MOUNTAIN....BUT I HAVE A NEW STORY...I BOUGHT A NEW CAM, AND ROCKER ARMS FROM WEB CAM...IT RAN 2 HOURS....THE CAM HAD TOO MUCH MOVEMENT IT THE BEARINGS IT RODE IN,...(FROM END TO END MOVEMENT)....MY GUESS IS THE FLANGE WAS PRESSED ON A COUPLE OF THOUSANDTHS TOO MUCH...ANYWAY, IT MOVE SO MUCH THAT THE ALLEN HEAD BOLTS THAT BOLT IT TO THE CAM SPROCKET RUBBED THE MOTOR CASING, SLOWED THE CAM DOWN, THE CRANKED WAS REVVED UP, THE TIMING CHAIN OVERAN THE CAM SPROCKET, JUMPED TIME, DROPPED A VALVE, DESTROYED THE PISTON, FRAGMENTING, AND CAME UP AND TOOK OUT MY HEAD...DESTROYED MY 400EX RACING HEAD....A SMALL PRICE TO PAY FOR USING WEB CAMS...HAHA, NOT FUNNY.....I CALLED THEM, THEY ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS, THEIR TECHS ARE MORONS, AND THEY TALKED TO ME LIKE I WAS THE IGNORANT ONE...THESE PEOPLE WERE RUDE, AND UNCARING...TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT....DEAL WITH WEBCAMS, AND YOULL LEARN THE HARD WAY LIKE I DID...

Old 05-22-2001, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

I think you should take a look at Rocky Mountin ATV, they give free cats, they have great prices, they are friendy and they have never screwed me. I once sheared some teeth on my front sprocket when my chain broke, I told them, they replaced it for free.!!!!!

Old 05-22-2001, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

MXBUBS, sorry you've had such bad luck.

Why not take the ALL CAPS off when you're participating in the Forum? It's easier to read.

Anway, about Web Cam. Here's a little story.

There are two major cam manufacturers in the US. These two do 98% of all the aftermarket cam grinding for single cylinder engines here in the states. They are Web Cam and Megacycle.

Everyone who sells camshafts for the 400EX gets them from Web or Megacycle. There's no other option.

Some companies do have their own grinds done, but most just offer the grinds that Web and Mega do as their "house" grinds. They're good for most applications.

Both of these companies have been in business for a long time. A really long time. Their owners are intelligent and know more about grinding cams than ANYONE else in the United States. Ask any professional four stroke engine builder, they'll tell you.

When installing your cam did you follow the instructions you received from Web?

If so, you would have rotated the engine to see if you had any clearance or interference problems PRIOR to starting the engine.

I'll repeat that -- PRIOR TO STARTING THE ENGINE, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK FOR INTERFERENCE OR CLEARANCE PROBLEMS.

Though you might like it better in YOUR OWN LANGUAGE.

It is VERY frustrating to have a performance product cause that much damage to an engine.

It is just as frustrating to be the manufacturer of a quality aftermarket product that doesn't get properly checked before the engine is run.

Believe me, Web did not want to ruin your engine.

They're a quality company, and they do quality work. Sometimes a mistake slips through the cracks, and that's why it's so important to check everything after installation and before starting up an engine.

Quick Reply: PARTS COMPANY DISSATISFACTION