Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

PARTS COMPANY DISSATISFACTION

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< When you purchase from mail order always use a credit card, that way if the company sends you the wrong parts, overcharges or does some other bone-head act you can contest the bill with the credit card company. >>

I agree! It usually comes down to keeping good records, and doing your homework prior to purchasing stuff. If you use a well-known company (not just the best advertiser!), and keep track of everything, normally you won't get burned.

What really amazes me is the amount of crappy businesses out there that are still around! I can think of at least 10 companies or products which are just plain bad, but they're still out there! It seems they're able to tap into the &quot;newbie&quot; market of ATV'ers and stay in business. That's what a big advertising budget can do for you.

That's what is good about forums like this. It allows the average person to get information out about companies or products that don't hold up their end of a deal.

Of course, there's always going to be people who take advantage of this too, and slam a good company. On the whole though, it's a good thing to have this much power!

Old 06-04-2001, 05:15 PM
LSR
Weekend Warrior

chriscoll 1
just saw your note and would like to get in touch with you to resolve your issues with are company. Lone Star Racing is a company comprised of people who are committed to treating their customers right and to standing behind thier products. Unfortunately, we are people and people make mistakes. Things sometimes get forgotten or slip into the proverbial crack. If you canceled your order with us your credit card should have been credited. If not, please let me know, and I will find out why and fix it.

As for charging your credit card when you placed your order, this is our normal procedure. In the past we have tried charging peoples cards at the time of shippment only to find their card dose not have enough credit to pay for the part. This costs money in the form of lost productivity and inventory expense, which has to be passed onto customers as a price increases. We charge the credit card at the time of the order is placed so everyone dose nothave to bear the cost resulting from the people that order parts they can't pay for.

Even if you have received your credit, please call me (1-800-457-7223 x-211). I would like the oportunity to do whatever I can to make-up for your inconvenience. Untill I hear from you, please accept my apologies.

Best regards,
Tom Fisher
President,LSR

Old 06-04-2001, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

You can't beat that! Mr. Fisher MUST be dedicated to his customers. Who else out there do you know that would offer something like he did? It's really comforting to know that we ATVers have someone like Tom Fisher committed to us, and who stands behind their products.

Old 06-05-2001, 06:07 AM
Range Rover

Tom, I am sorry it came down to this. I wish it was you who recieved my phone calls and e-mails over the past 6 months! I gave your men plenty of time to fill my order. I can understand a mistake. But after being told over 3 times that the item was being shipped I have my doubts. I am also sorry I slammed your company publicly but it did get results. I would still be here waiting for god know's how much longer for my airbox if I did not!

My credit card was credited last tuesday.

Old 06-07-2001, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, i agree with everyones posts. Seeing Mr. Fishers post really proves that there still are companys that will relate to us ATVers. Some companys are made up of non-helpful idiots, but its good to see companies like LSR that will help you out personally. I have never really had problems yet with anyone but Custom AXIS. I was told i would have my shock in 5 weeks, and it came in 3 months, but other than that im okay. When that shock came in it had been damaged in shipping. AXIS paid for all the repairs with no questions asked. I really appreciated that.

Old 06-08-2001, 11:32 AM

Pam, Please except my apologies for not catching this thread earlier. I have deleted Mr. Bubs more colorful post directed at you and if it continues will take further action. Like Dill said, you have been here for a long time and post some of the most informative information that I have seen. You deserve, as do all of our members, much more respect then Mr. Bubs has shown you. Once again, my apologies.

Old 06-08-2001, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the kind words Scramdaddy. I felt that MXBubs was doing himself and his credibility the most harm, so I didn't say anything to the moderator.

I felt people would take his company bashing with a grain of salt if they saw the screaming temper tantrum he had when faced with facts.

Some of the companies he is angry at are made up of hard-working individuals whom I know on a personal basis. I respect these people, and know that they have been doing business for years, and doing it right.

It's amazing how one frustrated kid can turn hundreds of potential customers off to a quality company and product. I wanted to mitigate some of that damage, if I could.

Like I said before, ATV Connection has provided us with an incredible amount of power, allowing us to vent our frustrations to a huge audience. With this power, comes responsibility. Most of us take it seriously. Some don't.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2001, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Pam,

I know i probably mean nothing to this board. But i was terribly offended at the things that MXBUBS said to you. I am glad someone put a stop to his immature cryin. Please continue to give us your informed opinions i have grown to enjoy reading. You really know your stuff.

Old 06-09-2001, 08:56 AM

crhye 250r, You mean &quot;everything&quot; to this board, &quot;you&quot; and &quot;all&quot; members are this board. Everyone, please help us keep these forums clean and respectful. If you see that a thread is heading down the wrong trail, let us know so we can steer it back in the right direction. Some people may call what we do censorship, and scream &quot;Not in America&quot;!! Well, when we start name calling and directing derogatory and disrespectfull comments at each other, everyone suffers. There truly is power in what you write, good and bad. Happy Trails

Old 06-09-2001, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

In the Turbo-Diesel registry there's a statement that says something along the lines that if you start to tinker that you become your own warrarnty station. Check you work, assumption is the mother of all f-ups....

As for parts companies: The UPS guy is at the shop about 3 times a week here lately. Places that have been flawless in thier execution: Servichonda.com, TJPartsxpress.com, Denton Racing, Prowlers Speed and Custom. Rockey Mountain has given me pretty good service, a glitch here and there, but OK. LRD has been spot-on as well with any requirements that I have thrown there way. Arlan and Jason typically are on the ball and Arlan is usually willing to spend a few moments and offer some help. Although I haven't directly ordered parts from them, I have nothing but good to say about MP Racing in Oregon. Dave Moore, owner, has always been extremely helpful to answer any issues that I have. There are only a few people that have the knack for determining the level of conversation to have with a person. Finding that perfect balance is tough, Dave and Arlan both kind of feel you out real quick and then tailors the level of tech to suit.

Now the company that not only has done me wrong, but unfortunately several riding buddies as well. Recreation Unlimited. I had ordered parts from then, specifically asked are they in stock. Yes. Enter 3 weekd time...hmmm...were are the parts...I call the 1-800 number, get weak help from the other end, oh that should have shipped, is shipped, blah, blah, blah, enter more time, and I call the 1-800 number get a very rude person(whom by my assumption is owner/manager) &quot;you need to call the toll line&quot; I think...&quot;Hey buddy, you got my money already now I have to pay long distance to find out why you have dropped the ball&quot; My response..&quot;I have rec'vd help on this line before&quot; Enter tirade on how if he finds out who didn't refer me to the regular line he'd fire them....&quot;Listen, I don't care about how you choose to administrate your employeees, however, I would like to determine the status on my parts.&quot;

I had ordered new Maier fenders, chain and sprocket set, Pro-peg nerfs, and some other nick-nacky parts. &quot;Well, the nerf bars are on back-order&quot;. &quot;Ok then, ship me the fenders and chain stuff&quot;. Enter again about 4 weeks time, again call the 1-800 number, ask where the heck is my stuff, &quot;Oh, the nerf bars are on back-order&quot; &quot;OK, last month I called and asked that the remaining portion of my order be shipped&quot; &quot;What happened&quot; &quot;....................................&quot ;

All in all it took about 3 months with stuff charged to my card to finally arrive. I've had poor luck ordering from then since as well. Apparently &quot;Is it in stock right now and will ship&quot; doesn't register as such.

Last and final experience, I ordered a main bearing and seal kit from them. It arrived and had a countershaft seal as the stator side seal. &quot;Call toll line, Hey guys, got the wrong seal in your kit, I need a main seal, can you send that, and I'll send this one back&quot; &quot;oh no...we have to recieve that seal before we can ship you the right one&quot; WHHHAAATTTT...A friggin six dollar seal and you can't ship that to me......Done talkin' to ya.....

Hat's off to the crew at Servicehonda.com, Prowlers, Tammy at TJ's and Arlan and Jason at LRD.....

Quick Reply: PARTS COMPANY DISSATISFACTION