Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

trinity racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looking to have some port and flow work done to the cylinder head of my my mojave and I was wondering if anyone had any trouble with trinity racing. Are they worth the money?good work?? Any other reputable places that do port and flow work?? Thanks.

Old 10-17-2001, 12:20 AM
Range Rover

Go to the Better Business Bureau website and check to see what Trinity's standing is with them. It doesn't take long to do but you will first need to have Trinity's address. I recently looked up CT racing and they have a good standing with no complaints in the past three years.

Old 10-17-2001, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Could it be that CT does such a small about of work that the chances someone has a beef would be small??? The usual problem with shops and delays in returning your project is a result of some supplier not providing a necessary part. Trinity is attempting to build as many parts in house with their multi-million dollar milling department so that their outsource is small. That way, the chances of a delay are much less.

You can also send your stuff in during the off season instead of a week before the season starts!!!

Old 10-18-2001, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

720, did my earlier Tudor's topic hit a little too close to home? That is obviously what you are referring to when you mention sending parts in the off-season. The fact that you can stand up for that "shady operation" tells me that either you are a friend or affiliation of them or of a similarly small, unprofessional shop. If you had read my comments more carefully you would have seen these two sentences: "I was told to expect a two-week turnaround. This sounded exceptionally fast considering the busy time of year, but they were the “professionals”." If the company couldn't do the work at that time of the year, they should not have lied to me. Despite the time quote I was given, I figured the worst case scenario would be a two-month wait. For the record, it has now been a full FIVE MONTHS since my parts were sent. More importantly, Tudors has refused to respond to me at all in the past two months or to the Better Business Bureau in the last three weeks.

Try to make up an excuse for this 720. I have told Tudors to send back my parts as-is immediately but they won't. They are my parts and I have already paid every dime so they would be out nothing. In fact, if they refused to refund the money for any unfinished work, Tudors would actually be money ahead. They have taken the stand (I am assuming here since we no longer correspond) that it is up to them what happens to my parts. I have told them that I no longer want the cylinder ported but they apparently don't care what I want.

Here is an interesting aspect to this story that ties right in with 720's "supplier" problem scenario. One of Tudor's excuses for the delay was a backordered cylinder sleeve. I first excepted this reason but, after an exorbitant amount of time went by, I questioned it in an email. At that time, Tudor's Performance's web page had only one picture. It was of a Quadzilla (the same bike I have). I asked them how they could run out of an item that apparently takes five months to get and for a machine they seem to specialize in. I then had to laugh when I went to that same web-site just a couple weeks later. There is no longer an LT500R but rather two Banshees. At least until they run out of some Banshee part and pizz off another customer... ...maybe a 250R is up next.

I will make the questions short and clear for you raptor720 so that you don't misunderstand again.

1. How can Tudor's keep my fully paid-for parts against my will?
2. How can Tudor's stop replying to the emails of a fully-paid customer (they charged me 5 months ago) AND the Better Business Bureau?

I'm anxiously awaiting your reply 720. Also, if you get a chance, tell your dad/brother/cousin/uncle/boyfriend/etc. to send back my parts a.s.a.p.. Thanks

Old 10-18-2001, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, I like how you included boyfriend. But anyway, i thought this topic was about Trinity. Isn't the 720 kit for a raptor made by trinity. I dont know Btodd, but i think you may have just vented on a guy that didn't really mean to be a jackass.

Old 10-18-2001, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

I just reread that topic, and i think raptor720 was trying to start something. But anyway, anyone have any experience WITH TRINITY for mentalmojave??

Old 10-18-2001, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

I have never dealt with "Tudor" in Corona. Sounds like they are some little shop that is trying to make a name. My comment related to your apparent approval of CT when Trinity was what Mohave was asking about.

I have been racing atv's for years and a I don't think I have ever heard of Tudor. Perhaps you made a bad decision. Why didn't you stick with one of your East coast locals?

Old 10-18-2001, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

why should it matter where the hell he has his motor done at? Last time I checked Wisconsin was on the east coast either. I have been doing all of my business (engine hop up related)with MP Racing in Salem Oregon. I've heard bad things about Trinity, and you might want to stick to a bigger name 4 stroke builder like Ritters, TC, Sparks, or Powroll.

Old 10-18-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Like those are names you can trust???

Powroll is the only one besides Trinity and Bikeworx that I would ever consider using for a 4 or 2 stroke engine. I consider the rest "chrome shops."

Old 10-18-2001, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

riiighhhhhhhhhht... TC and Sparks build the majority of GNC 4 strokes used today, and while they are slow as helll (no doubt about it) they still deliver the goods. Hardly what I'd call a 'chrome shop'. While Ritter is a smaller name, his products seem to be of good quality.

Some of my friends have owned and raced against Trinity stuff, and I can't honestly say I'd send them anything.

Quick Reply: trinity racing