Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

?? About running methanol!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never would have thought of calling sudco. I just may do that tomorrow.

I haven't called alky burner yet, but will today.

I work untill thursday so I won't be able to start untill friday.

Real glad to see it can be used for pro long times, was wondering that. This is going to be to cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

I had forgotten about calling sudco. A bought a set of carbs for my Triumph from them. There are actually the place that all of the race shops get their carbs from. Their number is (323)728-5407, at least it was a couple of years ago. I believe their site is either sudcoracing.com or sudco.com.

AZSAND, thanks for chiming in here. I am not claiming I know everything about running methanol, so its good to have a second opinion. Also, what kind of ratio are you running with the alky/nitro mix? What jetting changes/carb mods were needed?

Old 09-15-2002, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey alky metanol is pretty new to me ive only been running it for about six months now but its been fun. We just tore down my motor this week not because it broke but because it was time. I have two seasons on this engine and didn't trust it. Guess what its fine if i did not want to stroke it and bore it i could put it back together and run another season.and as for specks my mech. can answer all those questions and he's well versed on methanol too.if you need any questions answerd call him. Coustom cycle Gary cluff 480-969-2863 and i run any where from 6% to 12% nitro wow is it an eye opener!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

AZSAND, out of curiosity, did you have any hone marks left on the cylinder wall? My engines never do. This is why I say alky has more ring wash than gas. Did you have to mess with jetting much to run nitro? What are the down sides to straight nitro? Heat, wear, etc? Can you run a 50/50 mix? I'm always looking for new projects.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Trailblazer

Gaff where did u get the 330 kit for the lakota sport any websites?

--------------
02 Lakota Sport
Big Gun Exhaust
changed to clutch
polished head

Old 09-16-2002, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Old 09-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

Gaff they only have mojave kits

Old 09-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

This may sound like a dumb question but that is the only way to learn, I guess. What is the difference between alky and methanol?

I was going to make a comment earlier when Gaff said something about injecting it into pipelines, it is a differnt kind of methanol right? If its not I have got unlimited acsess to it.

Good thread. I sure do like it when you can learn something on here and not get flamed for not knowing or having the fastest...

Old 09-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey alky i don't know about 50/50 ive been told that 12%is the max you should run.in a stock base engine pro fuelers are different.it runs about 35.00 per gallon and you run on the same jetting or i do ! but the fuel guy did tell me to run her a little rich???

Old 09-17-2002, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

ward660,
It is the same methanol we run in the oil field. Just be sure it's 100% methanol.

Here we use a 95% meth and 5% water to inject into the pipe lines and sub sea trees.

I talked with coastal chemical tech yesterday and he says I can have as much as I want straight out of the plant. At the plant it's all 100% and they do the water cut by order. I also wouldn't use whats in the tote tanks or stock tanks, never know whats in there.

I go home thursday and intend on starting the convertion by saterday afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

After all these years I've never tried this so, have to give it hell.

Quick Reply: ?? About running methanol!