Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2008 Polaris rzr want start please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Polaris rzr want start please help

My rzr was running fine until I took it through a very deep hole. Although it ran fine until I turned it off. When I tried starting it, it took awhile but it eventually started. I got to where it was dying while it was ideling, although it would start after awhile of trying. This last time It died and hasn't started since. I noticed there was no fire at the plugs. I replaced the plugs and wires and still no spark. I checked the ignition coil by using it on another machine and it started fine, so I know it's not the coil. I'm down to the ECM and I guess he regulator jus not sure if it controls the fireing process or not. It's not the selonoid either cause it's trying to start but It just don't fire off. what else can I try or how do I test the ECM or does the ECM even have anything to do with it. I have power to everything and it trys to start but it just want turn over and the best I can tell there is no fire to the plug. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If you haven't pulled all the electrical connectors and dried them out out plus used some dielectric grease on the connectors I would do that first. Also did any water get into the air box? Have you checked it out along with the throttle body for mud and dirt,plus any water in the oil. Have had em swamped before and really had to clean everything up and change fluids,etc Hopefully could be just some trapped moisture in the control module and connector.You've eliminated any coil problem,but you can't swap control modules if you have a buddy that has a Razr! It has to be programmed before it can even fire!. Just a warning on this. Plus I would pull the fuses from the block and clean these and the fuse block also. Mud and water can get in everywhere. Keep us updated. OPT

Old 04-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thank you. I will try all that.