Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

96 Polaris magnum 425 bogs with air box on

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok problem resolved. I removed the new (Chinese carb) carb and inspected the main jet, pilot air jet, and pilot fuel jet. The main jet was a 145 and not sure what the other jets were so I installed a 140 main jet, 40 pilot fuel jet, and a 160 pilot air jet which is what the clymer manual called for. Installed everything and it ran great. Thanks so much for your help.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:02 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad you got it solved.That's why I've always been leery about Chinese knock off carbs. If anyone buys one they need to take them apart first and clean,blow out all passage ways and check jetting against the stock carb.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree!! Before I replaced the carb I actually ordered a new carb rebuild kit and after reading the fine print they changed the jetting size on that as well. Just for future reference is there a website I can go to to get the repair manual for other models?

Old 05-27-2017, 07:18 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's a fuel section on the carbs that Polaris used on the Fuji engines.Covers the 2 stoke vm30,vm34 carbs,and the four stroke bst34 and bst40 carbs.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...U2gGlaHJWSIlbA For cheap 5 buck service manual on Polaris and some of the other brands you can go here.http://www.brssm.com/