Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Air Filter Concern

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Filter Concern

Has anyone checked their air filter lately? I used my RZR once in a somewhat dusty area and when I got home I thought I'd inspect the air filter. I'm absolutely unhappy with the stock set up. I found dust inside the intake that got past the air filter. Can't wait for K&N to come up with something better. I couldn't believe that dust went right past the cheap filter, even with the outerwear around it (Looks like they attempted a cheap fix). I've been riding in the same area for many years and have never seen dust get past the filter on any of my bikes...

Old 06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Trailblazer

Check the clamp on the intake behind the filter. Someone was complaining that it was left loose on there machine. K&N does have a filter for the bike. I have seen them on ebay, and jaggedx sells them along with a prefilter.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to hear more on your assessment of the problem also; as Outerwear took a look a my machine today on an unrelated matter and we'll be meeting again soon. Evidently, this is a standard Sportsman size filter.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:02 AM
rzr
Trailblazer

what a crappy filter what is the sock thing for what crapo i think i had beter get a ggod one

Old 06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rzr

what is the sock thing for what crapo </end quote></div>

It's a pre-filter that you can wash and re-use. A K&N is available from JaggedX as mentioned and Uni will most likely will come out with one soon also (Unis filter a little better; yet have slightly less airflow than the K&N brand).

Old 06-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the tip on the Sportsman filter. I'll be ordering a real filter soon...

Old 06-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Holz Racing Products has both the UNI and the K&N filter in stock.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:56 AM
rzr
Trailblazer

dealer says that the k&n filter will make the rzr run bad cause it cant tell the diff in the air presure? said not to use one it will make the rzr run bad?

Old 06-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

Sandman 2. I had the same experience this last weekend. I agree the stock filter does a bad job. Also saw very fine dust getting by the paper filter. The black outwear seemed useless. Seems there is a strong need for a better air intake location. Above the heads of the passengers, not behind them. The back of us and the RZR were covered with dust. No clean air at all where the present intake is located.

RZR, does your dealer sell the K&N? My guess is he does not. Why would the 800 in the RZR be different then the 800 in the Sportsman? Have not heard of problems with the K&N in the Sportsman 700 or 800 EFI, or did I miss that discussion? Is your dealer just trying to keep your part business? I do not know, just asking questions.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 AM
rzr
Trailblazer

well i dont know he must want the bis also said that the polaris filtere was better cause it has smaller holes in the papaer lol also said that if i ride old rail beds that the fine dust will get buy the k&N ----------- i must be stupid------ to old----------- and on drugs-------- and totaly ignorant----------- also have been a bike meck for 38 years

Quick Reply: Air Filter Concern