Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

rzr rev limiter and more power

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rzr rev limiter and more power

does any one know how to get rid of the rev limiter on the rzr ???? and how about more power its fast and fun but faster is funner any one heard anything????

Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

Where are you planning on running it faster then the almost 60? Our old sport Banshee would do close to 70, only could do it on pavement and one other long straight of sand. It was scary when one stopped to think what would happen IF?

But to answer, suspect it would take a major redo of the little black box that controls the engine. Way to early for much of that, I would think, but then, the racing guys, who know what they may come up with.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I mainly run on sand sometimes in the woods but racing up and down sand mountain im one of those guys who can never have to much power or go fast enough and i just talked to a guy at mountain performance and the said they have mods for the RZR this is going to be a fun machine when im done doing some mods

Old 06-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

Is that Sand Mountain as in Nevada? If so, remember the U turn at the top.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Keep us informed on the mods. Yes, this is going to be a very fun machine. The after market guys will make lots of $$$$. I want an extendable steering column to go with the tilt wheel. I understand about never enough power in sand. Sand really soaks up the HP.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

little sahara utah. they were saying that they will have a supercharger kit soon and they have NOW a fuel controller and they can get rid of my rev limiter by reprograming the ecu im going to get this stuff order up this week

Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

Haven't stopped at Little Sahara yet. We seem to go to the Piaute or Moab. Have seen pictures and it seems a good place to ride.

Let us know how the re-programming goes. Sounds interesting. Don't think I'm interested in the turbo but sounds very interesting. Isn't it just amazing. This machine is not even out in any number and all ready look at what is going on.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

One of the Mags mentioned removing a shim on the clutches that would allow it to rev out further. I will try and dig it and give you the exact quote and the magazine that it came out of.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

The part is just a spacer that stops the pulleys from moving all the way in the primary clutch:

19 5437199 Spacer, Clutch, Limiter

But, unless you have a tool to do it, you'll most likely have to have your dealer do it. Word is that removing this will get the RzR to 70mph.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

70 WOW! Well it sure has enough engine to do so. Very interesting. Not so interested in the 70 part, but be very interested in how it changes the performance from say 40 up. Seems the rate it accelerate slows somewhere in that area and the closer to top speed the slower it accelerates. If taking out the spacer would allow better mid range acceleration, then that would be something to really think on. Anyone have knowledge of how it effects performance other then just top end?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

I dont think it would change that part, but I could be wrong. The extra speed in low range might be usefull though.

Quick Reply: rzr rev limiter and more power