Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 500 H.O. Vs. Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 500 H.O. Vs. Vinson

You come into a Polaris forum spewing forth the great blasphemy of the evil suzuki, and you can't understand why you are not welcome with open arms. Do I understand you correctly? I enjoy this type of witty banter, and it is very entertaining. It is mostly non-malicious. However, I still stick to my opinion that your machine is NOT better than a Sportsman. The ride alone is far superior. I'm not sticking up for Polaris, they really don't need the help nowadays. I ride in the rough mountain terrain of the Tennessee mountains. There are more Sportsmans than anything, and it's getting more filled with them each day. Your Vinson would beat you up there. I can't imagine buying a utility without IRS. Unless you weren't gonna ride it anywhere rough. If I was going to ride a straight axle machine, I would get a sport quad. Which is what I have...a Predator. Which is again, superior to the suzuki answer, the Z400.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it

Scott

Old 05-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Predator 03...I guess I earn the rebuke on a Polaris forum...I am not looking for trouble....I just thought this machine was worthy of a fair shake from the home of the die hards. No disrespect intended...some of my riding friends here are from the Polaris camp...we all have a good time. Thanks

Old 05-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

OK Pastor, say 20 Hail Mary's and we'll call it even. LOL

Scott

Old 05-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you buy an ATV to Race, you probably don't want the Vinson or the 500HO. But the Suzuki Vinson looks like it's trying to "copy" a lot of the POlaris features. I'm sure that the Vinson is pretty comparable, but, I don't think you can convince the folks on the Polaris board, that they should have bought the Vinson. I like my Sportsman 500HO. It's a tough "little" machine. It's also an American company, although I found out that not all the motors are made in the USA. Count how many Polaris machines you see on trails............

Old 05-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

Pastor,
I must point out that u did infer that the suzuki was a better machine.
Please realize that we all want different things out of our machines
for different reasons..
My driving/riding style makes me lean towards the sportsman.. maybe
your style makes you lean towards the vinson.. both are great machines.

But..... where I think the argument/debate started is when you came
on to the polaris forum to tell how far superior the vinson ride/handling/speed
over gravel roads , etc... was over the sportsman... that is an open invitation
to get bashed... I've ridden both, I didn't see it your way.. if I had I would have
bought a vinson... I have a 500 h.o. in my garage.. nuff said..

Old 05-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

With all due respect to Polaris owners everywhere...As I stated to predator 03 I was just trying to get a fair shake for a great new machine. Vinson is still in a fledgling mode...only 2 years old. respectfully, the boys at Polaris wrote the book on this stuff. I simply found this machine to have the "goods" and I bought one. I still have alll the respect in the world for the 500 H.O.'s...a truly great machine. In the final analysis you're right...different riding styles. Here in Eastern Washington it is the home of the most rugged mountains in America save the rockies and even those are within reach here...about 3 1/2 hours. Any of you guys get out this way...come and make yourself at home...I'll show you some mind boggling areas. Respectfully, a vinson owner...but, I still likes polaris...Pastor

Old 05-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Paster; Your mind boggling areas can't be to hard to get to if you can get there on a low ground clearance, poor riding, 3wd 4 wheeler( at best ). Yes your Suz may have a motor but there's more to a bike than a fast motor. If that's what your interested in what are you doing on a supposed Utility quad anyway??? You may not have noticed but ALL manufacturers except Suz are going independent suspension, & better front diffs for a good reason. To bad Suz is being left behind in technoligy, they did have a good bike to improve in the semi-ind Quad 500, but I guess cost won out & they dropped that decent working suspension.