Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Factory Warranty - I'm very Dissapointed

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Factory Warranty - I'm very Dissapointed

One of you pred owners should e-mail this thread to Polaris. I don't know if anyone of importance will see it or if it'll do any good. If they think these problems are being put on the net for all to see they might make a move.

Old 05-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Well I blame it ALL on your dealer!! I took mine in for a loose ball joint, and pointed out some of the corrosion problems on the engine, and the airbox problems. The said that mine was the first to come in with the ball joint issue, but they would fix it. They called back after 2 days to say it was ready. They replaced the bad ball joint and said that if any others went bad even out of warranty that they would cover it. They also took the time to clean up the corrosion and put a clear coat on the motor to prevent this. They said that there was not a fix for the airbox lid at this time, but Polaris is working on it, so in the mean time they heated the area with a heat gun and made a small depression in the lid where the hoop rubbed. I also had a spot further up the seat where the tube to the carb was rubbing on the seat and they ground away the ribs a little on the the bottom of the seat to prevent any further wear. I was told when I picked it up that they recommend turning the rear grab bar upside down as it makes the rear easier to lift, so I said I would try it, so they even took the time to do that! and yes it is a LOT easier to lift the rear. Then I was told if I had ANY problems to bring it in as this is a first year bike and there is bound to be problems that will come up.

They are having a problem with one Predator popping that they have tried everything they can to correct it, but short of putting it back to stock pipe and jetting it just will not run right. They were told that White Brothers is working on a new neddle for the carb as that seems to be the problem, but they have yet to see anything.

I did just put on the Airforce kit, and the dealer knows this and they want feedback from me as they are willing to do what is needed to get bikes running right. I have to say there is a little more than just cutting holes and jetting the bike, but it does make a big difference in teh sand, especially in the low end.

Heapster, I hope everything works out for you. After spending the last 2 days at kids sporting tournaments, I am headed out to the dunes to see if there are any quad riding neked women left out there!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Range Rover

I would say it is your dealer also, If it's not too far you could try power sports northwest in Chehalis. They have always done me right. I had the rear brake explode on my SP700 and it did almost 1000.00 dollars worth of damage. The service guy went to bat for me and got it covered on my ext warranty. The warranty idiot was trying to tell us that I caused the damage.