Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman Tricks

I've ridden wheelies on my 02' SP700. You've got to be on a surface where you can get REAL good traction (grass, pavement). Without a clutch kit it makes it a little harder, but possible. I start out in Low gear from a dead stop (standing w/ feet in wells), squeeze the hand brake, throttle up the motor about 1/2-3/4, release the brake and compress the rear suspension simultaneously. The front end will come up real easy, and if you can find the balance point, you can ride it out pretty far. I've got a pic of me doing a wheelie, but don't have it in digital format -- I'll post when I do. I'm not a real big guy (150#), so it is a little harder for me. If I don't have good traction, I can wheelie by standing on the rear rack.

Kevlar1

Old 05-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sportsman Tricks

Here is a shot of the "cliffhanger" on the grizzly.

CLICK HERE

Old 05-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sportsman Tricks

Thanx for the info Kevlar1. I have never thought about doin that. I was just gonna see if I could weight the rack a bit with my body then gas the hell out of it and see what happens. But I like how your doin it alot better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So Ill go try out doin it that way today here in a couple hours hehehe and see if I get any success.

Old 05-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sportsman Tricks

Well I finally got it to wheelie really good. I found that if ya come to a dead stop then hold your foot down on the foot break so that it wont move. Then Gas it almost all the way and release the break and pull back at the same time itll popup. A little hard to find the balancing spot but Ive pretty much got it. Its really different doin a wheelie on one to but hella fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . Now I just need to get bicycling down (riding on 2 side wheels). Thanx for all the help people.

Old 05-31-2003, 02:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Sportsman Tricks

Hey guys I got a new question now. Now that I can do a wheelie on the Sportsman how exactly do I hold it and ride it. Cuz I've gotten it up pretty high but when it starts goin to high I freak out cuz I think Ima fall off the back or it may roll backwards or something. Could ya help me here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Range Rover
Default Sportsman Tricks

Just try to slow down once you get it up in the air, and just keep in your balance point, and you can always gas it good and keep it up once you get it there. You might burn up your belt doing wheelies like that, but i dont know of any other way you could do it.