Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Cracked Head!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Head!!!

I bought my Predator on April 1st ( Maybe it was a sign!!!), and have about 15 hours on it and noticed a spot of fluid on the garage floor. 1st I thought it was oil from the oil changes, from the oil filter draining into the belly pan, NOPE!!!!!!!, Looked at the weep hole on the left side, and there it was....... Anti freeze!!!!.
Brought it directly to the dealer, and they had never heard anything about the Casting flaws in the head,( They thought it was a mechanical seal from the water pump LOL!!)
Was told that no heads are avalible till JUNE 20TH!!!!!!!

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Oh well, I rode my banged up and riveted Scrambler for 7 years and fixed on it every time I rode, so a little down time should be no prob.

Just posting here to Vent a little, not going to jump ship or anything, especially after racing a few Raptors, Zukis and making them look silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cracked Head!!!

i have had my predator since jan 2nd and have not had any major problems with it yet hopefully i dont

Old 05-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cracked Head!!!

but i also have a cfm cooler plus 40 below engine coolant which i think it helped

Old 05-31-2003, 11:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Cracked Head!!!

whats the build date on your pred scrambler

Old 06-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default Cracked Head!!!

Slip says 3/10/03, thought the head problems were early runs of the machine????

Old 06-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer
Default Cracked Head!!!

mine cracked to. I guess when making the head molds they can make adjustments in how the mold is cooled. This may be how they fixed the problem once it was realized they were cracking all in the same spot. This makes sense as to why there was not an issue with the prototypes and later model machines. The prototypes probably were made on a different machine and later machines have the revised casting. The mechanic who replaced mine said they were slightly different and I know my carb lines up a little different know. My build # was in the 400's. A friend of mine has a TLD one number earlier and has had no problems even after I ran the **** out of it.....as a favor of course when mine was down. We had to see if his would go too...right! It held. GO figure.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Cracked Head!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]Well here it is June 17th, and I still don't have the Predator back from the shop!!!!! The dealer is unable to get his hands on Parts to fix it for me, I'm gonna miss out on the WHOLE MONTH OF JUNE FOR RIDING!!!!!!!!!!
Man does this ever Pi$$ me off!!!!!!!, Not at the Dealer, Just the lack of Parts that they know they have issues with.
Any suggestions?????????????

Wheelerless and NOT liking it!!!

Old 06-18-2003, 12:37 AM
Range Rover
Default Cracked Head!!!

Scrambler,

Have you asked your dealer to do a 'Vehicle Down Order'? There is a $25.00 extra charge for it, however Polaris will cough one up that is not in the normal supply chain. I presume yours Pred is still under warranty and it may not seem right to have to pay to get the part you need, though it may get you running again sooner than you would otherwise![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default Cracked Head!!!

My dealer told me that the part is on Emergency Order, so when the first available one is ready it will get shipped to my order first. I dont know if that puts me to the front of the list, but I sure hope it gets done soon, too many days without riding is making me stir crazy!!!

Old 06-18-2003, 08:55 AM
CED
Pro Rider
Default Cracked Head!!!

Well my friend at work has a crack also.The dealer told him it would be 6 day's and that was last week.I'll let everyone know what happens.