Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A Full Hard Day Of Riding And No Breakdowns????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2000, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There were three quads.
2 Scrambler 400 2X4's and 1 Xpedition 425 4X4
The three of us rode all day through some great tight trails, over mountains of jumps and then traveled several miles in over the PVT cover deep water. Then Ronnie (Pflect) pulled another quad out of a mud hole and made it look easy. Then me and Ronnie both hooked up to a full size Ford Bronco 4X4 that was stuck in mud up to the axles on all 4 wheels and we pulled him right out. (Imagine the sight,Two 500 lb quads pulling a 5,000 Lb Bronco out of a mud pit)

All of this with not so much as a cough from any of our quads.
How could this be???
According to some out there this is not possible.
I will not mention any names but his initials are SLEDDER.

I am not saying that they will never break down, I am only pointing out the idiots that badmouth a product when they have no basis to do so.

Take it light.

Old 05-09-2000, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Go Ahead Brother Polaris Owner... PREACH ON!!!!...

hahahahahaa.... ya know... its funny that of ALL the Hondas, Yamahas, Kawasakis, etc... i've pulled out of certain death in deep mud and water, NONE of them complained about being towed by a Polaris...

Old 05-09-2000, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Say it loud and proud! Polaris believe it! I ride when ever I can. I even ride with some of the people on this forum and there has never been a Polaris break down period. Where all these stories come from? I don't know. In all my years of riding atv's Hondas and Yamahas have been the ones blowing smoke out the tail pipes, having water drained out of the air boxes, having to be pulled out of the smallest mud holes with that 3 1/2 wheel drive.

Preach on brother!

Old 05-10-2000, 01:55 AM
Range Rover

I'm still wondering about the Bronco with "4 axels"!!! Is it an 8 wheeler??? LOL Just messing with ya. I have 2 Polaris quads and haven't had any problems with them, except for problems that I caused. Besides, if they were as bad as a lot of people say, Polaris would be out of business. Don't let 'em get ya down.
Later,

Old 05-10-2000, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

B777,

Hey I've got a O.J. mobile (full sized 4x4 Ford Bronco). I was SO impressed with how it handled all of those police cars in that low speed chase that I went out and bought one myself (LOL). I think I need to get air lockers for it though. All of the guys complaining about 3 1/2 wheel drive have never ridden in a Bronco. It had split diffs at both ends! True two wheel drive! WOW!

Don't mess with me, I got a Bronco and a Knife! (LOL)

Old 05-10-2000, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

O.J.'s favorite football play????
Cut left, slash right.

My friend had a white Bronco at the time it was an 80's model though, but looked about the same. We had a lot of fun teasing him !
c-ya

Old 05-10-2000, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Went out sunday 72 miles of mud and rocks, mine and another Polaris xpress 400(which is a few years old and never has needed a thing!) they never coughed either , we met up with a combo of quads, no one broke down. I f any model atv broke down half as much as people in here say they do, then the company would be out of business. Picked up the Sportsman today WOW!

Old 05-10-2000, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

I enjoyed reading your story !! Wish I had been there !! I love my xpedition 425 cc 5-speed to. My
cousin told me that what he likes about his 1993 polaris 250 4x4 non-named atv is that its reliable and always gets him home.

ps: KEEP YOUR POLARIS !!! RANGERCHET

Old 05-10-2000, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Roger(B777),
Iwas hoping you and your brother enjoyed yourself the other day. You know, Ive been riding my quad since July last year and Ive never had my day "cut short" by a mechanical breakdown. Even when I ran into a tree and busted the radiator we still rode for a couple of hours after that, keeping a close eye on the coolant level of course.

That was pretty cool pulling a full size Bronco out of the mud although, it was a little embarassing that I couldnt do it by myself!

Old 05-10-2000, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Same here... The things that broke on my quads were usually due to my riding style. I would not exchange my 2 quads for anything! (except for more recent models of coarse...)

Keep it positive!

Quick Reply: A Full Hard Day Of Riding And No Breakdowns????