Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

new polaris racer

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2000, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tradin my rancher for a polaris would be a step in the wrong direction... (IMHO)

Old 05-15-2000, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Not trying to be a wise guy, but why doesn't Polaris make a racer? I know Honda sells a lot of 400Ex's & Banshees are still selling!

Polaris makes some pretty fast watercraft
Food for thought.

Old 05-15-2000, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well folks i just got a e-mail response from polaris as to when the 2001 sportsman will be introduced. they said look for it around early october, man i cant wait that long. i want to know all the specifics now, like weight, carb size, rwhp, and price. maybee someone from polaris could tell all now, jamie or xcr660??

Old 05-15-2000, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

the street that coast coast is on the is Main Street Norm flagstad said was original owner but he is dead now and his son is running the store Nelsons Cafe few feet away a is 4 way a stop signs citizens state bank is down on Main Street Northland tires one of the tire stores, bills repair is one, CB repair is another one, is there any more questions you'd like asked me a about the city of Roseau also next Northland tire is the car quest parts store and pro automotive d&e is the polaris dealer the Ace is the first store when your coming into Roseau when you get to the first set of stop lights heading east holiday is on the left the c store is on the right and if you turn right and head south on the right hand side of Highway 89 the first place is the body shop next is a elite video next is Sorensen's and across a rail tracks is polaris

Old 05-16-2000, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

The reason that Polaris DOESN'T make a racer, and will never make one is simple economics.

Polaris largely caters to the first time user and utility market place. Need an example? Look at the Diesel and Ranger.

The Polaris people have done surveys that tell them that not too many people are interested in "High Performance" type machines (Yeah, tell that to all of the people who go to Glamis each holiday).

Polaris doesn't have anything even remotely on the drawing board as far as a "high performance" machines. They don't even have a clue how to make one, let alone how to design one.

Their watercraft, motorcycle and snowmobile sales are mainly supported by their utility ATV sales.
ATVs are viewed by Polaris as utility machines only, you don't expect to get much work out of a PWC, snowmobile or motorcycle.

These things above will never change until they clean the cobwebs out of their heads, join the rest of us in the 21st century or have their sales fall off to the point that they have to at least make a half hearted attempt.

Old 05-16-2000, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Well it sure looks like your from roseau if your not, you found out some info an outsider would not know. Glad to see that your for real.

Old 05-16-2000, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

thank you

Old 05-16-2000, 01:58 AM
Trailblazer

thank you

Old 05-16-2000, 04:08 AM
Pro Rider

The utility market is the largest segment of the ATV world, obviously. But, the least catered too and the soon-to-be reborn segment is the sport market. A few years ago, before the introduction of the DS650 and 400EX, the Banshee and Mojave were Yamahas and Kawasakis best sellers for a few months (I read this somewhere awhile ago). I'm sure this is when they started designing new sport machines. The 400EX and DS have since acted as catalists for this movement.

Polaris will never produce a competent sport machine, mainly because you are right, Mike, because they DO NOT know how to build one. The japanese manufactures main ATV market was sport machines, back in the eighties. They know that people will buy the machines, they know that there has been a market there which has been forced to lay dormant for years (thanks to Big Brother).

I'm glad there are new machines out there, and I will probably buy a new sport machine this fall. I will consider the new Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki sport machines that will debut, along with a definately updated 400EX (to stay competitive). I am confident that the closest Polaris will ever come to a four-stroke sport quad is a 500 2x4 Scrambler.

Old 05-16-2000, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

To xcr660, i was suspious at first when u said u were from roseau cause anyone can claim there from there without proof. u proved yourself vailad. so i believe u. now that thats cleared up, is there proving grounds there where u can go and get more info or possible photos of the new machines? is ther going to be a race machine and a large displacement sportsman too?
i think if i live in roseau i wouldent get much work done, i would just go and hang around the outside of the buildings hoping to see a test of a new model.

a twin cylinder sportsman sounds great, someone also mentioned that it might be alunium frame. i dont know how polaris can make this and be price competive with other brands. but then again it might be so good and have so much power that nothing compairs.
later
jon