Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

All New Polaris Model...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2000, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with 450SHeavy too. As much as I like my polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speed. Especially, since I already have bought so many accessories for it and would hate to start over so soon. I would consider selling my xpedition if polaris came out with a xpedition 500 cc 5-speed that was lite. My xpedition and the sp500's set up is not all that much different. The new one's structure could be the same as the sp500 is now. If I could get close to what money I have into my xpedition, I sure would think about it. Maybe not though. I do like my xpedition now. No regrets. I sure would
go look at one though. A couple of days ago, I was at my dealer again. My daughters orthodontits appt. again. its only 2 blocks from my polaris dealer. I went there while daughter was getting her teeth tightened. It is Heininen @ Mason in osseo Minneosta. For the first time, they had either 1 of every single polaris atv or almost every one. At least they had more out then ever before. They even had one of those newer sp500's all camo quads. Plus a yellow sp500, and a red sp500. As well as many of the other brands. Even an xplorer 6x6. a scrambler 500 and many of the different size magnum atv's. and several of the xplorer series atv's. 1 xpedition 425 cc,red and 1
xpedition 325 cc 5 speed. Or was that 6x6 above called a ranger. I forget but it was there. they had 325's, 250's, 500's. I saw a trail boss there to. I looked at helmets while I was there. They had some boxes of camo helmets with chin protection and a plastic visor that stuck out above the eyes on the helmet. They had camo goggles to. I could have bought the helmet for 108
bucks. and the goggles for 40 bucks. Im sure they had at least 1 400 xplorer there to. rangerchet

Old 05-17-2000, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

I think its more of getting 4 wheels spinning as fast as you can and keep them spinning for mud running.A hummer is probably good in the mud and weights alot.

Old 05-17-2000, 06:19 PM
Range Rover

A little off topic, but fun.... go to www.gohumvee.com to see a hummer in action! This is a local owner who use his Hummer for what is was intended. The area he is driving is is one of our riding area. WAY cool video and pictures!

Glenn.
Y2K Sportsman 500

I actually just checked the site and it wouldn't come up, but this should be temporary!

Old 05-17-2000, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

Yama,

I think you been ridin' yo Yamahaha backwards an' suckin' fumes! The mental an' physical stress of backward ridin' an' talkin' is gonna' make yo' go blind!

Old 05-17-2000, 09:06 PM
hc
Range Rover

High to Low shift-on-the-fly. And if this every happens, change the shift patteren to; Leave High where it is and change places with Low and Reverse.

Old 05-17-2000, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

That would be awsome! shift on the fly would send the others back to the drawing boards.

Old 05-17-2000, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Yama shmuck!!!

Whatever yamaha you ride couldn't even lick the mud off my Scrambler's rear end!!!

Just stick to ATV'ing and leave the logical and intelligent conversations to the adults.

Bye now!!

LOL

Old 05-17-2000, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

1100 sport bike motor mounted on a chromoly frame that only weighs 175 pounds,8 speed man. tranny with factory nitrous boost button and bottle, comes with aluminum wheels and Holeshots. Im not sure but maybe this would be fast enough for some of you guys atleast for the time being.

Check back later for performance upgrades, when you become board with this machine.

Old 05-18-2000, 02:41 AM
Range Rover

Jeez cant you polaris guys take a dam joke. The last part of my post was a joke. Related to all the BS going on localy with nike and having shoes built in small countrys buy people for pennies a day. It was totaly unrelated to polaris and their factories (guess its a local joke thing) and the styling thing was relating to car companys that think they can put a sticker on their cars with styling buy whoever and handeling by whoever and it will make up for a pile of junk. None of them related to polaris just a dumb joke. I thaught the first part of my post was very constructive and it was my opinion on where polaris might be heading. In fact the first part of my post was complimentary to polaris with the magnum and sportsman being good machines that cover the utility nich of the market very well. And like i said if a pearson wants a utility machine and dosent buy a polaris it is not because the dont have a model that fits their needs it is probubly that they just dont like polaris or some of their features. And as for the scrambler it is a decent quad but it sucks as a sport machine. It is heavy and the suspension is sub par compared to outher sport quads. For some reason polaris dident put a low range on it why i will never understand. I mean realisticaly why no low ????
to save weight ????
The Scrambler was a EXCELENT idea but porley exicuted and in my opinion they COULD have done much better. I believe that polaris builds a good product i almost baught 2 but there is a fiew features they all have that i dident want. That FAR from makes them a bad product just not the product for me thats why we all buy what we buy.
If you dont understand what somone says perhaps you should ask them to clarify their point befor you blast them and call them an idiot. And NOTHING i said deserved the foul mouthed Email i recieved from ZOOROPA that buy the way my 10 year old son recieved. VERY VERY uncaled for. I also find it cute that when somone says somthing about a machine you dont like you proceed to to tell them how much theirs sucks. Perhaps my quads do suck they may even be piles of junk. But i love them they were exactly what i wanted and i have had no problems or complaints.