Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR

lol...i got a good laugh outta quadman's post, i just love those pointless, caps-lock, non-constructive, bashfull posts. you can tell a persons maturity by some of these posts...i guess he thinks himself as a know it all, "cool" person, with apparently some "friends"....imo, he is trying to justify his purchase of a wide, heavy, poor handling, ugly(imho) quad...so he bashes other brands, so it makes him feel better for spending big $ on his quad

Old 10-11-2003, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

i got an idea...lets be as "cool" as QUADMAN650 and lets head to the bomb forum, and bash there how ugly, wide, heavy and poor handling the DS is and the other bomb quads...

Old 10-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the only thing the DS has over the pred is its weight and complete uglyness (if thats actually a word)

Old 10-11-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

QUADMAN, Don't ba a total jack@ss. If your opinion is a DS is fastest, great say that. No need to bash anything else. It's just immature. The question in the post is Predator vs. Banshee so why bring your DS into it?

Old 10-11-2003, 10:07 AM
cop
Pro Rider

Not for nothing quadman but the pred isn't a bad machine. And Hozed, If the pred is so fast why did it come in a DISTANT third in the dirtwheels test between the YFZ (stock), a race readyZ-440, and the pred. the pred was turning almost FOUR seconds slower lap times. They claimed the hole shot was pretty close to the first turn but the pred fell behind because it didn't like to hug the inside of the turning berms. After that it was all over, Then they went to the sand and once again the pred couldn't keep up. this is pretty close to my experiences too so it sounds believable to me. Except the pred was always a little closer and usually right with the pack when I ride with them. I do believe that a pred might be faster than a YFZ top end because of the short gearing in the YFZ used for MX courses. And a pred WILL beat a Raptor on a MX track (too tippy) but a pred isn't faster than a raptor when both are totally stock and on a long straight away. Look at any drag event results. Where do you see ANY preds in the top five. All behind DS's, Banshees, and raptors. This includes any class from stock to Pro modified.

Old 10-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

lol cop....the only good thing you can use from a DW comparison, is to wipe ur a$$...

...also u think the pred aint powerfull? lol, i have a few links for some vids, first is a DS650 tryen to get up Choke Cherry.....sad attempt....
DS650 attempt

here is a raptor tryen, he doesnt make it up choke cherry either.....and a cannondale speeds by him(Moto mapping, filter & Pipe)look for urself....
raptor and c'dale

then here is that same c'dale, racing a pred up chokecherry...see for urself
pred vs c'dale

omg....cant forget this vid...absoluty hilarious....3 diff raptors <u>trying</u> to make it up chokecherry....lol
3 raps dont make it up choke...

ps....cant forget this fast polaris just flying up choke...
fast polaris...

ps....u might need windows media player....copy link adress.....launch windows media player, press ctrl+u. past the URL there, click OK, and watch

Old 10-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe because dirtwheels is a total JOKE! I have no doubt that the yfz is quicker on a MX track then the pred..sure, but nothing like they say. Also that sand drag..if you took that seriously..then theres somthing wrong with ya. A 400ex wouldnt loose that bad to any bike! Just dirtwheels BS...

Old 10-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

All you people that are just here to bash polaris why don't you get a fu**ing life and go post in your own forums to people who actually care.

Just my 2 cents

Old 10-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

All I have to say is with a "Shootout" you have to consider the source. Dirtwheels is not really a reputable source. What really matters is the real world. Personally I have to say that my Banshee is faster in some spots and my Predator is faster in others. As far as the DS goes I have seen some fast ones but never on a tight coarse??? The Raptor is a very good competitor for the Predator my friends all have Raptors and it seems that we all take turns crossing the finish line. Just my two cents.

Old 10-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

finally someone says it right i couldn't agree with you more IBlameTheDog.
WOW U EVEN SAID IT WITHOUT BASHING OTHER MACHINES

Quick Reply: BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR