Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR

Originally posted by: cop
Hozed, I must disagree with you. The fastest CURRENT production Quads are in order (according to TOP speed). 1. DS 650 Baja/X 2. Banshee 3. Raptor 4.YFZ450 5.Predator 6. V-force 7.Z400/KFX/DVX 8. 400ex. I'm not to sure where the new Gas Gas Quads go because there aren't too many around and the testing hasn't been extensive. Now We must also realize that top speed difference between #1 through #7 is only about 5-6mph. These top speeds would only hold up if they were done by the same person the same day on the same strip at the same elevation. Different people will have different results especially with the Banshee which being a two stroke and having two carbs MUST be perfectly dialed in to achieve top performance. The difference between the pred and the raptor is only about 2mph or a little less. I could also have switched #6 & #7 but the difference is so small it doesn't matter. Eveybody can say I beat this or that, But given enough room these are the results that WOULD happen.
to me this just sounds like you think you know everything.
and btw... ive drag my buddys shee while we were on tar... and i still won.
i have no doubt that the ds is fastest... i mean its a 650... but i do think the pred is 2nd.. yfz 3rd, raptor 4th, and banshee 5th...

Old 10-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own a 94 banshee and my dad owns a stock predator. we lined them up on a hard road so many times i cant count!! 8 out of 10 times a predator will take a banshee by a link and a half, UNLESS u can keep a banshee spinning off the line. Then its over.

Predator top end 78 mph

94 banshee
03 predator
89 250r racer
03 warrior

Old 10-08-2003, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Hozed and Boywonder for your input. I tried to tell him the pred was 2nd.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:14 PM
cop
Pro Rider

The pred isn't the second fastest quad, you can keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better. On A properly tuned and dialed banshee TOP speed is faster. Give say a quarter mile, the banshee will pull past a pred. The Raptor is generally only about 1/2mph slower than the banshee. And as I said before the difference between the raptor and the pred is only between 1-2mph. The yfz top speed is slower than a Raptor, that is a widely known fact that even the Yfz owners admit too. The pred and the yfz are almost the same speed with each trading places. So if these facts make me a know it all or arrogant then so be it. I still own the fastest stock quad so what do I care what order you come in behind me. And if you want to use profane words to describe me then maybe instead of being a computer tough guy you can meet up with me somwhere and see if you want to say those words to my face. I GUARANTEE you won't. Have a nice day.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well i will use profane words because you dont know ****... ya the ds is prolly the fastest.. i can admit that... but i still think the pred is second... but i bet the DS, raptor, shee and pred are all within 1-2 MPH.

Old 10-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey does anyone know where i can abuy a ds650??? HAHAHA just kiddin, i wouldnt own one!

Old 10-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Well you say with enough room the shee will be #2..i disagree. What makes your opinion on it better then anyone elses? You've seen the shees go so fast?? well other people on here have seen different. Again..why does what you say matter over what anyone else says?

Again..the two quads i race with the most are my buddies 03 LE raptor and my cousins 03 Shee. I can take them both top end. And this is on like, 3mile long straights..now tell me where not going long enough? If you cant hit stop speed in 3miles somthings wrong. Just yesterday i was racing my cousins shee..he said he was JUST about the top of 6th..he said he wasnt pulling anymore..and i had just clicked mine in the 5th..and mines geared down too! I think this just means i can pull 5th a little better..but its still gonna limit my stop speed! OH and hes up two sizes in rear tires also..which would increase his top speed!

Again..im not saying what i've seen is gospel, cause i know everyone is gonna beat somone..but im talking people that have raced and owned TONS of quads..my cousins had every quad you can think of..hes on his second shee now..he can drive a bike better then ive seen anyone ride.

Same deal with the raptor, top end my pred will pull away.. and if i have a higher top end then the raptor..that must mean its higher then the YFZ..which EVERY mag has said..the YFZ will be quicker out the hole, but after 20feet the pred will pass it.

Again..beleive what you beleive..i know im gonna get smoked by other bikes, no doubt..but i dont understand why you word is any better then ours??

Old 10-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

POLARIS IS THE BIGGEST AMERICAN MADE JOKE I HAVE EVER SEEND THERE NOT FAST NOT SPORTY NOT GOOD LOKING DID I MENTION NOT FAST
I WOULD BUT THE DS650 AND MY G/F BANSHEE BACK TO STOCK FORM JUST LIKE THE COME FROM THE SHOWROOM AND RACE ANY POLARIS OUT THERE I WOULD RATHER HAVE ANY THING ELSE BESIDES A F-ING ELECTRICAL PROBLEM TRANSMISSION NOT WORTH A SH!! WANNABE MOTORCROSS BUT CAN'T KEEP THE FROM BREAKING IN HALF PILE OF GARBAGE

Old 10-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

All great points Quadman...(Rolleyes)

Old 10-11-2003, 01:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

sounds like somebody got spanked by a predator earlier today now doesnt it...

Quick Reply: BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR