Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR

You need to be around an organized drag event. Multiple numbers of each machine, and various riders....also various levels of modification. Watch the events results during the day, then form your opinions from that. Any average local drag of one chance meeting can always provide totally false results.

Old 10-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

we r talking stock here people... any1 can make a raptor or a banshee faster than a predator with a few very simple mods.. i am not saying that the pred cant be beat.. but stock for stock... a pred will beat and banshee and raptor... and a raptor will beat a banshee STOCK. top speed of a pred is like 75... raptor is like 74 or 73 same with a shee.. but the pred gets there quicker than they do.

o and also.. none of these machines is going to "destroy" one another stock... they r all very close.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:33 AM
cop
Pro Rider

Hozed, I must disagree with you. The fastest CURRENT production Quads are in order (according to TOP speed). 1. DS 650 Baja/X 2. Banshee 3. Raptor 4.YFZ450 5.Predator 6. V-force 7.Z400/KFX/DVX 8. 400ex. I'm not to sure where the new Gas Gas Quads go because there aren't too many around and the testing hasn't been extensive. Now We must also realize that top speed difference between #1 through #7 is only about 5-6mph. These top speeds would only hold up if they were done by the same person the same day on the same strip at the same elevation. Different people will have different results especially with the Banshee which being a two stroke and having two carbs MUST be perfectly dialed in to achieve top performance. The difference between the pred and the raptor is only about 2mph or a little less. I could also have switched #6 & #7 but the difference is so small it doesn't matter. Eveybody can say I beat this or that, But given enough room these are the results that WOULD happen.

Old 10-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

where did u find this out... i am just going by what yamaha and polaris say there machines go... i wasnt sure about the ds tho.

Old 10-06-2003, 05:56 PM
cop
Pro Rider

Every Manufacturer will claim this or that but it is when the street testing is done does the real truth come out. Bombardier does in fact make the claim that the DS 650 Baja/X is the fastest prodution Quad made. Polaris claims that the Pred is the best cornering machine on the market, and it might be. Yamaha claims that the YFZ is the best race ready quad produced, and they are correct if early indications are true. The only claims made about the fastest quad are made by Bombardier, All other manufacturers claim other virtues about their Machines

Old 10-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ya i realize that... but why would yamaha claim there quads are slower than they are...
where did you find this info about speeds of bikes?

Old 10-06-2003, 06:56 PM
cop
Pro Rider

A cumulation of personal testing, drag racing, magazines, this forum. Mostly my personal testing with GPS and Stalker radar compared to the Magazines and Others input on the forums.

Old 10-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

no being rude or anything... but the same **** we all here is how you came up with this highly accurate list eh?

Old 10-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cop, you just need to quit all these lies you are telling. You obvously dont know what you are talking about. The DS's top speed may be faster than a predator, and the new yamaha may accelerate faster than a predator, but the top speed of a pred is faster. If you knew anything you would know this. Im sick of hearin all ur B.S.

Old 10-06-2003, 09:41 PM
cop
Pro Rider

If you read my post I did say that different people would come up with different results on different days in different conditions. On loose dirt your preditor might actually beat my DS or any of the other quads in a three hundred foot drag because of the tires or the anti squat suspension or whatever reason. If done on pavement the story changes especially with the Banshee which needs major traction to shine. I recently had trouble with a Prairie 700 on loose gravel because I wasn't getting traction. I ended up winning but it was a moral victory for the 700 because it was only two quad lengths in a 300ft drag. Maybe the two preds weren't dialed in correctly but in top speed runs they actually were slightly slower than a YFZ. It varied, sometimes only .5mph slower sometimes 1.5mph slower. I am absolutely no Yamaha fan but I have to say that the YFZ is a very impressive machine. You wouldn't catch me dead on one or any other yamaha product but I have to call a Spade a Spade. Maybe this new Honda will be a bad ***, but we will have to see. I don't say things, just to say them. I will tell you the absolute truth on any of my "tests". If you choose not to agree with them that is your choice and for that I am sorry. Don't shoot the messenger for delivering the message. I have absolutely nothing to gain by giving you false info.

Quick Reply: BANSHEE VS. PREDATOR