Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

:( I'm a traitor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003 | 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default :( I'm a traitor!!!

i still like to what is goin on in the polaris forums.

Old 10-09-2003 | 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe its just me.I just dont understand why guys with other brands always what to come into the polaris form and post how great there jap rides are.puddle Ive read many of your post and always like reading them trust me you know alot more about quads then I ever well.But why do you feel like you need to come into the polaris form and talk about how great your new quad is.I love my sp700 but never have I went into other forms and posted about how great it is.Like I said maybe its just me...

Old 10-09-2003 | 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Because we enjoy hearing from people we like, what their opinion on certain matters are.

Geoff.

Old 10-09-2003 | 05:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ive rode a 450 on a track... and i couldnt get use to the way it felt when i jumped and cornered because i felt really big on it.

Old 10-09-2003 | 07:26 PM
|
Pro Rider

I didn’t come back to the forums to “rave” about my jap quad (not that I ever left the forums). I said I felt like a traitor for buying my first jap quad. But I have always had an open mind when looking at quads and giving them their fair chance…up until now I had felt that the polaris suited my needs when they came out with the pred, it was the most race ready at the time and I was short on funds. Anyway, I made that huge review because a couple people wanted a review of my opinion between the pred and yfz, so that is why that huge listing is there. I like both. If you want me to compare the pred to the raptor, I will, and the pred would prob. Win my heart in that shootout just by handling characteristics, but the raptor is a very fun quad. I can compare my pred to a 400EX if you like. I’m just saying I wasn’t bashing polaris…I don’t come in and flame or bash quads. They are all good and have a niche or purpose. I like to keep an open mind and let the gears turn. I really do think Yamaha has a good thing going with this machine..but if I wasn’t racing, I would be back on the predator, or even a good ‘ol 400 scrammy 4x4…[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I miss my blue Scrammy X!!

Old 10-09-2003 | 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Pudl, keep the info coming on your new ride. I look forward to hearing info from owners of their quads - too many times it's the story a bout the guy who's freind has the other quad that sucks, etc. Not too many people I know of have owned a Predator and a YFZ. Honest comparisons are welcome. Since you are racing, we want to hear about whether or not you "move up" in finishes, too.

Old 10-09-2003 | 09:06 PM
|
Pro Rider

Yeah, I’m really anxious to get a race on it. Keep your pants on folks, I’ll be posting results the night of Oct. 18th which is my last race of the season. To let you in on the comparison, I race B class in MN Harescrambles. I normally pull the holeshot, or at least 2nd going into the first corner with normally 20 quads in the class. I will then grab the lead for a lap or to…but French Guy over in the Suzuki forums manages to sneak up as I squander seconds with the rear end sliding. My best finish is a 3rd and my worst a 5th, so I’m pretty consistant…but I’m gonna take the yfz bone stock, lid on and everything and make the comparison fair. I’m in 3rd for points and am nipping at 2nd in the points. If I place above him in the next race, I can take 2nd for the season finish and I say that’s NOT DAMN BAD FOR MY FIRST YEAR!!. And I’m only 23, I got a lot more octane in me to burn!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2003 | 11:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just back in town....rats, I missed breaking the news. Nice constructive comparison. Bill, it's different if someone is coming into a forum and being constructive, not just ranting and raving. Just my opinion, but I think Pudl posted some good honest insight.

Pudl, you're gonna have to race me home after that last one....cause I'll be postin'! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] hehe. Hope you can make it to 12 hrs. If nothing else, to catch the H-bomb squad.