Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

bubba ported cylinders????

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bubba ported cylinders????

bubba,
what type of port job can you do on 400 cylinders? trail mod, race mod or both? i've heard nothing but good comments from guys that had you port thier cylinders. i'm just curious as to how far you go with your port jobs, is there still room to go to the full race port? i'm getting ready to do the top end on my scrambler so now all of the questions are coming up. i want to try a trail style or mild port first and if i don't like it or get to used to it i'll be able to go bigger.

thanks,
steve

oh yeah, i forgot to ask if you were still porting cylinders?

Old 10-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Range Rover

If he hasn't done so already, Bubba will probably send you a PM. I had him trail port my cylinder a few months ago. I told him that all I wanted was low end power and that's what he gave me! He knows what he his doing and his turnaround is very quick. You won't be disappointed. He is also very knowledgeable with other aspects of tuning. He gave me a suggestion for a clutch set up that I have been very happy with.

Old 10-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

come on i know your in here somewhere?

Old 10-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

hey bubba....can you do 700's too?

Old 10-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

I let Bubba race port my 400 cylinder and at the same time I took his advise on a pipe and carb.I did the whole race set up at the same time.Man this thing will fly.I had a hpd trail pipe and clutch before and that wasnt enough .I did not think trail porting was enough power for me so I went with the race set up and man was it worth it.Bubba is full of knowledge and a very good person.THANKS Bubba for all of your help

Old 10-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry guys, been busy yesterday. Steve, Tayloring a port job for someone is no problem. There is really nothing better for me than porting a 400 jug and seeing the results. They are very restricted in stock form and can make good reliable power even with mild porting. All I would need to know is which pipe you are running (top end or midrange) and how much you want. There is a limit on what you can do as far as the trail type pipes. I consider Aaen's top end pipe to still be a trail pipe. The race only pipes would need to be HPD, CPI (which I prefer), or Ritter's drag pipe. The nice thing is with the pipe you have now you can run it like this for awhile then change it if you want. PM me with some details and I'll price a port job for you. I usually turn it around in 2 working days once I get it. I dont like for people to wait on their things.Bubba

Old 10-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

bubba,
you have a pm