Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How far can you reliably go with Predator mods??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How far can you reliably go with Predator mods??

Ok, I plan on trading my DS650 in on a Predator soon. But before I get it I want to know if you can make a Predator "reliably" have quite a bit more power and go fast?? I would like it to be competative with the faster Raptors and DS650's but would it be relaible? If I can't get the Predator I'm looking at a Raptor too, so enlighten me on what can be done to the Predator motor without loosing a lot of reliability. thanks.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

2 hours and no response? Hmmm....... May be I should be looking at the Raptor instead... After all, it's cheaper.... about $500 cheaper, unless someone could give me a little info please...

Old 11-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, I only know of a few people on here that have modified Preds (motor wise). Give it some time and bump the thread up a few times if you have to. Remember, the Pred is still fairly new (compared to the DS and Rappy) so the motor mods haven't been out very long. Just give it some time for the other guys to come on and through their $.02 in here. And by the way, I read that thread that you had in the Bomb forum. A lot of those guys were talking out their @ss and giving you some BS just because they don't like Polaris and put themselves and their machines on a higher pedistal. They obviously haven't a clue in he\\ what they were talking about.

Old 11-11-2003, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

i'm not talken outta experience here...but....with the pred, you do get a better all around suspension than the rappy...better handling(stock), motor i heard is powerfull and hangs with the rappy's, and the occasional pred passing a rappy...the rappy is a nice quad, but you have to dump some $$ into the suspension dept. to gain equal handling the pred has(stock)...

Old 11-11-2003, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

pred all the way man stock for stock pred will win every time to the raptor. There is starting to be many options for mods know from many big bores to exhaust's,Cams,CDi's,Nos, Iv'e even heard of a turbo in the works. That's what I know from my experience with mine I Love my PREDATOR!!!

Old 11-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

Call HPD, or Nicholas Cycle, between these two they will get you power and reliability. I like my 558 cc Pred, and I'm not done with it yet.

Old 11-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

You can get great HP numbers and be reliable. I have abused a highly modded Pred motor all summer with no failures. Put the right parts in it and it will stay together.

Old 11-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Another Vote for HPD..i've heard some pretty amazing storys about they're 558cc pred! the bike WORKS! and speaks for itself!

Old 11-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scotts88
Another Vote for HPD..i've heard some pretty amazing storys about they're 558cc pred! the bike WORKS! and speaks for itself!
Opinions are like a$$holes..everybodys got one!
Your own personal quote pretty well speaks for itself.

Old 11-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

lol sp700racer....

Quick Reply: How far can you reliably go with Predator mods??