Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Skid Plate Help !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Plate Help !!

I have been looking for Scrambler Skid Plates for my 04. Why the hell cant i find any on ebay? I thought there would be tons of em. Well anyways, know any place i might be able to get a good deal on these, My most concern right now is the sprocket and brake plate, I will go FULL skids if the price is right. So any ideas where i can get some, if any of you have any. I refuse to pay dealer. Im out of lube anyways,so i def. dont wonna get raped[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Range Rover

hello

i bought my a-arm plates , swingarm skidplate and full length chassie plate from pro armor and love them little pricey but well worth it .

Old 12-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I've got a Pure Polaris swingarm guard and am considering taking it back off.....

The thing about it is that it will cause you to high center easier since it's a flat piece where normally the brake disk and sprocket protectors would just slice right through it....I followed a bud who has a Scrammy and specifically watched the swingarm since he didn't have a guard....I was surprised at how well it did....and with less high centering....

As for the rest of the body.....maybe the belly plate but I've crunched some pretty bad ones and the stock one is showing little wear.....plus the plastic slide over rocks easier.

I would like A-arm guards but after looking at them I'm afraid of getting a rock or something down in them and then it just sits there grinding away at the boot.....

Decisions, decisions......

Old 12-10-2003, 12:43 AM
Range Rover

Yes the protector plates on the sprocket/rotor don't look like much, but they work! I ride very rocky trails where I live and have never had problem with damage to any componets. I beat the holy c**p out of this bike and have yet to replace a sprocket,chain,or rotor for any damage. All swingarm plate are good for is to take them off and beat them back straight so the sprocket stops rubbing on them. Again and again... I have replaced everything else on my scrammy at least once but like I said, never a sprocket or rotor because of damage. Just my $.02