Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

porting of a trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porting of a trailblazer

i know a local go-cart shop.called them the guy said he can do a trail port on my blazer ...it has the rcr stage 1 kit 34mm carb alrdy.. i need to know is how many differ trail port jobs there are...or is there only one...he was very very sure ...and said no problem on doing it .this cart shop has been around for years.and has a good reputation... i know it is a cart shop.but many many years ago i had a 250 quadracer.and they did work for me on it boring the jug...... and if i get the head milled .20 will i have to run high octane fuel.. higher than pump gas...the reason i want to take it there is i wont have to fool around with shipping... please comment on this guys... i need good answers please ... will it also be allright not to mill head ... or do i have to... i know porting really wakes it up.from what i have read on here.....and if anyone has ported there 250 trailblazer tell me what spring u put in it again thank you very much in advance if anyone respones to this ... hoping bubba will see this lol curb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call up rick and ask him wat would be best for a spring i called him told him my mods and ended up wit a gold primary and orange secondary i think. talk to bubba too before u do anything.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Curb if I were you I would have Rick Or Bubba do your port work as they know what to do on your particular engine or go with HPD as far as shipping and turnaround I think rick ritter has the cylinders already done ready to exchange with your cyl they also can answer your questions on head work etc. I was wondering about putting a 34mm carb on a 250 T.B. what manifold/boot did you use? Or did the original work with the larger carb? Fastestdad Spring Hill Ks

Old 01-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

i shoved the 34 into the same boot..... bubba read this post

Old 01-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I can tell you that porting is NOT all the same. It is a very delicate process. One slip of the grinder and the motor is junk. Bubba did my porting and he did a good job. He has done tons of port jobs. As well a rick. I would not let just any shop do the porting just to sdave a buck. This is the most important thing you can do to the motor. Dont take shortcuts. As for the 34mm carb it will fir with the stock 30mm intake and airbox. Just use a little dishsoap and it will slide right on.

Old 01-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

ok all this guy said he could do trailport for my quad and he has been doing this stuff for years... i guess my ? is should i tell him anything of importance.... please let me know ty......im just trying to keep my parts to my quad local to me..... ty curb

Old 01-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can certainly understand keeping parts local. HPD really doesnt like to do anything but race port those. You can trail port them. Different people have different ideas about porting and that can make a difference. I am not a business nor do I do it to make money. I like to help people out more than anything. People that port for a living dont make a lot of money due to time and cost of materials. If you would like to talk business, e-mail me at ramseydb@***-internet.com I respect Rick Ritter tremendously and he is great to deal with. I dont try to take money from anyone's business as it is their living, but would be more than glad to talk with you about doing the work.Bubba