Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Accessories help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessories help?

Hey gang.... I just bought a 2004.5 Polaris Sportsman 400... I love it, except the lighting, but I've ordered a kit to light all 3 lights at once...
Now, I'm looking for any "must have" accessories that you can recommend.

For one, I'd like to get some form of cooler for it, any ideas for some that fit good?
I have a GPS, so any ideas how I could mount it?
Any other recommended storage? (not interested in the Polaris stuff that costs hundreds)
any neat gadgets that you have and really like?

Anything else anyone can recommend? Stuff from LL Bean is a plus (I get a discount there)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Old 02-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Get yourself a good winch and winch kit. Some tank and fender bags make for good storage too. You can find those at Cabelas or on Rocky MT ATV. I believe that polaris may sell a GPS mount? Order yourself a cabelas and Rocky MT ATV cataloge, sounds like you may need one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

WoooooHoooo! Hey...you're doing what I did!!!! I have had my 400 for about 3.5 weeks and check out my photos and list of Mods!!! Just today I ordered a RAM GPS Mount, they're the best (www.ram-mount.com). I have a Garmin GPS V and it's set up just for it. GPSCity.com had the best mount and shipping prices out of 10 that I checked. I too hooked up the 3 light modification, it's mandatory as far as I'm concerned. I also added 2 more lights but I might have overdone it as my breaker trips when they are all on so I'm working through that issue. I bought the tank saddle bags from Cabelas in Mossy Oak Break Up pattern. They're pretty good and waterproof but the only thing I want to change is I'm gonna add a soft liner to the back panel because they are made from a urethane impregnated nylon that wears hard on the decal and side cover of the tank. I'm gonna buy some fender bags as well. As listed, I added a brush guard, tube bumper, and rack extensions and bought all of them from an eBay seller and got a really great deal because I bought them all at once, I'll tell you which dealer if you're interested. I also bought a class III hitch mount and another rack called a Hitch Hauler which plugs into the hitch so I can mount my Labradors Kennel on the back when we bird hunt. I got those at Cabelas also but I am dealing with a fitment issue, I have to make a diagnol cut on the hitch because the rear transfer has an odd shape that gets in the way. I'll do that tomorrow.

You'll want a Heel Clicker too, you just don't know it yet but you will love it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm pretty certain that if I put another item on this thing I won't be able to get up to speed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Crazy thing is that my wife now wants the 400 so I'm going after a 500HO now.....couple-a-few more weeks and I'll do this all over again for matching Utes!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Ya sounds like you need to get a cabelos master catalog...and if you don't mind cammo..I think there teaming up with mossy oak and making all kinds of kick *** assecories for quads...then check out rocky mountain atv..they have all kinds of stuff that you might be interested in....other than that cabelas might have some stuff for ya.