Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

has any bought an engine from pmc

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has any bought an engine from pmc

i just changed the water pump seals in my scrambler. i guess i should have changed the bearings because i ran it for a little while this morning and it was still leaking out of the weep hole. i ran it alittle longer to see if it was getting antifreeze in the counter balance oil and i guess one of the bearing broke or something because something busted through the case and locked it up. I GUESS I SHOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT SOMEONE ELSES JUNK!!!!!!! I would like to just buy a complete engine that i know is not trashed. Anyway has anyone bought an engine from these guys. they say rebuilt motor for $999.00. does anyone know of another place to buy an engine. thanks

Old 02-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has any bought an engine from pmc

PMC rebuilt my 2000 scrambler 400 bottom end.ALL i can say is it has worked flawless.Also they used all wiseco bearings and a wiseco hot rod.You might not find any others using all wiseco parts for the price of a stock one.I don't know though,but i know they were the only ones i could find at the time.Since then I have rebuilt other 400 engines with the wiseco hot rods and they all seen to work better then stock.
IF you have some mechanic skills you should be able to rebuild it your self. All you would have to do is send out the crank to pmc or someone like hot seat or maybe some one on this forum.