Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

dealer or polaris???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer or polaris???

I don't know if you remember, but in one of my last posts I was talking about my 2004 predator making a lot of "noises". I went riding on a trail for the first time a couple days ago, and I almost lost my front plastic. The bolt loosened up in the front, and the clips popped out on the side of the gas tank! It was rattling all over, and I had to go 10mph all the way home to work on it. Would you chalk that one up to polaris or the dealer??? This is the second problem I've had. My battery terminal screw came out and my machine wouldn't run. Luckily I was close to home, but if I was 15 miles away from home I would have been QUITE UPSET!!! I've always read horror stories about polaris's quality, but I was hoping nothing would happen to me. Does the dealer put the plastic on or is it the factory??? I realize that plastic coming loose and battery terminal screws falling out aren't very serious, but I just paid $5600 of my hard earned money for the fist "new" machine I've ever bought, and little things like this really turn me off!!!

Old 02-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

I think this would be a manufacturer problem rather then a dealer. I had a similar problem with my Kodiak450, the vent tube was off the belt housing and the tube that goes out the back and vents over the taillight was missing the rivets to hold it in place. The quads come in complete, they just put fluid in them and give them a visual and wipe them down when they come in. Of course I was hurrying them as i wanted to ride before it snowed and that might be the reason they missed this, if they even check fro this, Anchorage Yamaha was happy to take it back and remove the cover and clean it out and replace the belt, luckily there was no damage from mud getting in there. AlaskaBoy.
I have heard stories of all manufactures and do not think this is just a Polaris issue. I was wondering if you are having buyers remorse? I know I did when I got stuck within eyesight of the truck and the quad could not even turn it tires in the mud, I had this sinking feeling in my gut, thinking I just sold my old one and now I had this piece of junk. After we were able to figure out the problem and fix it.(belt was geting wet from the vent tube being off) I am happy as can be and looking forward to the spring so I can ride it again. AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Loose plastic- -Polaris
Loose battery connection - Dealer

Let me say also, an '04 for 5600, you got a great deal!

Old 02-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

i just got a 04 pred for 5500. So should i go over all nuts and bolts i can find and make sure they are all tight?? or not worry about it?

Old 02-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

My nephew took his 03 Pred to the dealer for work and it came back with the plastic not in place like yours. You might want to check with the dealer and see if they might have done some work on it.

Old 02-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think the Dealer is to blame.

for example the wheels are shipped on the ATV. if a lug nut wasn't tight, would you blame Polaris? i wouldn't.

i think as part of a PROPER pre-delivery inspection, it's the Dealer's responsibility to be checking these things. all bolts and fasteners should be checked by the Dealer before delivery. hell, they even try and charge "set-up" fees left and right....RIGHT?

IF you take the time to read your maintenance schedule, you would see that YOU should be checking these things after a certain number of hours/miles.

who really knows who's to blame! LOL

fix it, ride and enjoy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]