Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

FIXITMATT --BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL-- OWCH!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004 | 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default FIXITMATT --BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL-- OWCH!!!!!

i had a similar accident last winter. i was flying down a trail with a bout 4 inches of snow and i knew there was a ice covered puddle that goes around a corner and when it came time to slow down i started to slide on the ice and hit the brake but that didnt do anything cuz i was on ice and i went straight into a tree. luckily i started to stand up right before i crashe aand the handlebars caught my pants and then went into my groin and cut me(just missed losing a few kids on tat one) thanks to my handlebars i wasnt injured. i landed sitting against my tire too which was pretty funny. the worst damage was to the tree i put about and 1 inch gash into it and nothing thats been visible has happened to my quad. i would say i was goin 28 when i crashed. but fixitmatt just be happy u can ride another day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004 | 06:05 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Glad you're OK. The only really good use for a tree hugger, cushion. Had our share with trees too. My wife shattered her wrist (powdered is what the doctors called it, broke in 30 pieces), was riding a week after the pins came out. She won't let her brother cut down the tree she hit.

Old 02-25-2004 | 06:51 PM
Range Rover

i am glad u are ok and hope u recover fast.i have had a quad for like a month and been thinking if i should get a chest pro.............i didnt want to get one cuz no one else wheres one but i guess i should look into one know..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004 | 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad to hear your ok.. Hope you make a fast recovery.. good luck

TrailRider

Old 02-25-2004 | 07:23 PM
Range Rover

good to hear that you will be ok,The atv caused it just like a fork made rosy so fricken fat.

Old 02-25-2004 | 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Man, crashin sucks, bet you buy that sticker now!! Glad you're okay now. I would definately recommend a chest protector...you may still get the wind knocked out of you, but you may not have suffered the broken ribs...yeah, the protectors are another $100 bones...but you never know when you will have to get off, and you will definately be glad next time if you are wearing it! Mine was the best money I've spent on me or the machine aside from my helmet!

Old 02-25-2004 | 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Matt,

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but I am glad to hear your getting better. Sounds like you have a great friend for life, those are hard to find. Don't take what the nurses said to heart. They see alot of injuries caused by different things, ATV's being one of them. If they dont have a family member or friend who can introduce them into the sport, they can get a biased opinion. Just like I know some people that work in a hospital, who have hangups about motorcycles, and the "injuries that they cause". Glad to see you set them straight about the sport. Even if they dont ride, we can always use more supporters!

Hope you get better soon! Good Luck

Old 02-25-2004 | 10:46 PM
yaK
Pro Rider

more importantly.... how is the machine!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
just kidding... i hope you heal fast and it dosnt cost you too much[ie bills /off work]
and you were taking it easy@!you just never know whats around the next bend!!

Old 02-26-2004 | 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Hey matt some good news I got your seat cover sent out!!

Old 02-26-2004 | 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

always glad to hear that you are not dead man. I bet you got vicadin and morphine right. My dad crashed his predator coming acrosss a puddle in 3rd and it just ripped right off and threw him over the handlebars. Knocked him out for a minute and cracked collerbone, bruised kidney. He was right in front of me and it was real shocker. Also my buddy that i go riding with everytime went to stoneyford here in california and racing a banshee he came to a 2nd gear in 4th and went off the side of a cliff 150ft. and his bike was 15ft stuck up in the air in a tree. He broke a few ribs and some other nonsense and had to get air lifted out. i think 27,000$ for that ride. Well dude now its time for you to catch up on ZzZzzZ's and then do some work on your bike.