Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

FIXITMATT --BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL-- OWCH!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004 | 10:45 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default FIXITMATT --BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL-- OWCH!!!!!

HI EVERYONE< I haven't been on here for the last 5 days Because I,ve been in the Hospital.
I BROKE 3 ribs,punctured my lungs, and CUT my liver.
This all happend while riding my Predator.
I was on a trail I went down over 100 times and took a tree into my ribs at about 40 MPR. I didn't even see it.
What had happend was it was a small tree that had been run down by others.It had No branches and was sticking out into the trail along the side. Well my friend was infront of my aways and I saw him go to that side of the trail to go around a icey puddle. since I didn't have water proof clothing on I went the same way around. as I was making my way around I got on the gas in 3rd gear and just as the power was really coming on---BOOM--- knocked right off like a Knight on a horse in joust.
I landed in the icey water face down.I crawled out of the puddle to the side of the trail and tried to get my breath back.By the time I tried to get up my friend was right there to help(he was there in less then 2 minutes).I told im to get the truck quickly because i Broke my ribs and didn't know if I was going to make it because I could feel the blood running into my lungs. I could hardly breathe.
Well he must of really rode hard and relly fast because the truck my 10 miles away and he was back to me in no time(HE SAVED MY LIFE!!!!)
He placed me into the truck and got my to the hospital JUSt in time.HE passed cars on the way there on both the right and the left even when there was no passing lanes.
HIS thought was he would get me there as fast as he could and if we got pulled over the cops would do the rest.
As soon as I got in the hospital they placed oxygen on me and shot me up full of morphine. Then they took care of my lungs to get the blood out.
Well I'm home now and it will still be touch and go for awhile because of the hole in my lungs,BUT I'll make it!!

JUST ALL OF YOU BE CAREFULL!!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!!
And I WAS TAKING IT EASY THAT DAY!!

Old 02-25-2004 | 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad you are OK. Keep us posted on how you're doing. God bless!

Old 02-25-2004 | 10:50 AM
Range Rover

dang , sorry to hear that happened,get better soon !

Old 02-25-2004 | 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear your alright Matt. God was with you that day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Big props to your friend too! That is why we never ride alone guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004 | 11:16 AM
|
Pro Rider

A few things really pissed me off when I was in the hospital.
1st- The nurses said the ATV caused the accident.
IT WASN"T THE ATVs fault it was mine I told them
2nd--All anyone wanted to know was if I was wearing a helmet.YES I WAS,BUT what dose that have to do with broken ribs.IT's not my head that is broken I said.
3rd- The overal Disliking of ATVs because of the accidents
Well, by the time I left I got them to believe that it is not the ATVs fault IS the rider.I used a example to explane it to them.(guns don't kill people people kill people)it's the persons fault!!
4th- Everone asking if I was going to give up riding.
ALL i would say is-ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!NO I"M NOT!!!

One more thing after looking over the quad I did see that the tree hit the front fender first then rode up into my ribs.

BE safe Everyone!!!
Matt

Old 02-25-2004 | 11:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That sucks Matt, I hope you heal up quick and get back at it. Get well man. This is kinda harsh, but how is the pred??

Old 02-25-2004 | 11:44 AM
|
Pro Rider

The predator just got a scratch or two on the front fender.
When I got kocked off it skid to a stop because it stalled in 3rd gear.It hit nothing,it was just stitting there all o.k. and ready to ride.

Old 02-25-2004 | 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

When you get healed up, go back and kick the sheet outta that tree that took you out........I'd save a branch though to hang on your garage wall just as a reminder.........glad you've got a good riding buddy. You'll heal up and ride again another day....

Old 02-25-2004 | 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

WAY TO CHEAT DEATH, MAN!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's pretty scary stuff....glad you're here to tell us about it!

Yeah, those Predators are evil man! So are those TREES, trust me, I know! They should all be banned along with the Ruger P-89, 9mm handgun and the Bushmaster AR15. They are all at fault for two many deaths and injury! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Anyway...glad you're back amongst the living! Take care of yourself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004 | 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hope ya get better quick. I know they asked you if you had a helmeton but were you wearing a chest protector too or no??